We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu pariso hotel upgrades

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 74
Riu pariso hotel upgrades

Is is worth the extra to upgrade to a superior room with a sea/pool view. Or a standard room, anyone aware of the difference.

Seaham Co Durham
reviews: 8
1. Re: Riu pariso hotel upgrades

Hi Judy Punch, my family & I stayed here a couple of years ago. If I remember rightly there were what looked like apartment style blocks on an incline which looked like they would get a good sea view.

I requested that we be situated in the upgraded part of the hotel as there is an older side which is an actually another hotel that they've connected to make one massive hotel joined by a covered in walkway. The newer part of the hotel is better situated for the dining areas/bars etc, but has a much quieter pool area which we lay around during the day.

I think we had a view of the tennis courts, but I would say all rooms have a fairly decent view as the grounds and gardens of this hotel are one of the best we have ever stayed in. Absolutely gorgeous flowers and foliage and they're massive taking awhile to explore. I personally don't think you'll be disappointed with any room as the hotel is lovely. Have a fab time :)

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 39
2. Re: Riu pariso hotel upgrades

Most of the rooms in the old and new side look out towards the sea, we were in the new part in Feb 2012. I've seen reviews in the past saying that the old side(or Palace side as it was) had slightly better views as it's a little bit taller but it's further away from the restaurants and entertainment hall. You get to the old side either through the (covered) wooden walkway or through the lush grounds, a few minutes walk. The bungalow apartments are in the grounds so would probably be the least best view. The "superior" rooms would be the old side but the pool is quieter this side as the animacion team do their games etc round the new side pool, the old side also has a swim-up bar in it.

We're thinking of a return here in Feb 2014 as we really liked the place first time round. Enjoy!

Edited: 6:24 pm, December 02, 2013
england
reviews: 74
3. Re: Riu pariso hotel upgrades

Thanks all..booked it now, will review on return.

4. Re: Riu pariso hotel upgrades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen