We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 4
Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

23 sleeps to go :)

This year we're staying at the San Antonio end of the strip - our villa is a few minutes walk from the Spar. Can anyone recommend places to eat in that area?

We've been told that Da Vincis is pretty good. I read that Lanz shut down, and the only other place we know personally is Cafe Del Carmen (which was OK but didn't have the most inspiring menu, two years ago at any rate). I hear Woodleys has been revamped as a tapas bar, is that worth a look?

Thanks for any tips!

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 21
11. Re: Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

Poppadom is now closed as of this week. Was never the same once it changed owners a few months ago.

Heard two disappointing reports recently about Aticca Trattoria in the space of a couple of weeks.

Manchester UK
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 64
12. Re: Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

Friends is excellent, the menu is great and again excellent value for money. their Sunday lunch is the best in Lanzarote

Pizza Napoletana as others have said is excellent pizza,

Sorrento, we had a couple of meals there one time and WILL NOT be going back

Da Vinci's not eaten there ourselves yet, but heard many good things on various forums

Anticca de Trattoria, very nice when we went a few years ago, but haven't been back since

Bollywood is good, we ate a lunch time deal there and thought it expensive for what it was, but would go again at an evening to see if was better value for money

Happy Holidays

Danny

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 4
13. Re: Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

Thanks everyone, it's great to get some up-to-date info. (I gave up sifting through the reviews trying to distinguishing honest feedback from, um, feedback of suspect provenance)

djjake, sounds like you have a good story to tell about restaurant touts! Two years ago we had no issues - most touts were perfectly friendly, and if we got bored saying "no thanks" we just walked on the promenade and crossed back at our chosen venue. However, as my good lady now has limited vision and is a little unsteady on her feet, she's a little concerned about touts getting pushy. So am I, as I have our young daughter to watch out for as well.

Dublin, Ireland
14. Re: Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

Hands down has to be Antica Trattatoria, it is always busy for a reason, the pasta they serve is some of the nicest I have ever tasted.

Newtownards, United...
reviews: 9
15. Re: Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

Regarding the touts, yes, usually after a few times saying no thanks or youve just eaten etc, most take the hint, remember you and leave you alone the rest of your stay. Even though some know we arent going to eat in their place they are still civil and polite. We are regulars in that area and we just found them more annoying this time, and we werent alone. the mexican establishments across from the dubliner even sprinting across the road to people. But my worst encounter was the guy for las vegas. He was unbelievably rude. Every night as we passed, the same thing. menu in your face while he went on and on about his fresh produce etc. we were always polite until he started ranting to my wife about how theres no getting through to thick british people etc. Rather than break his neck, i let the las vegas know, and they deny that he is acting like this. The place does look nice but the reason it may be more empty than full might just be the idiot they are employing to ruin their rep outside. Dont let them put you off though. This part is no worse than others, or other tourist resorts the world over. On a nice note, we usually go into matagorda for a meal while there and its great to be able to stand outside somewhere and read their menu without any hassle, or somone going on in your ear. Let the people decide where they want to eat !! rant over lol

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 21
16. Re: Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

I often say to people that if a restaurant needs a PR to attract business than it is obviously not doing things right.

Of the top 40 rated "restaurants" in PDC only 6 of those have PRs:-

Enjoy - most of the Chinese places have a PR and it only seems to be part time.

Bollywood - again all the curry places have PRs

Sunset Beach - Not sure how its in the top 40 anyway, but it is an upstairs bar so you could say they have to work a little harder.

Woodleys - New place, and upstairs. Not been yet and as per usual PR would put me off. We´ll see if they sink or swim on the reputation they build.

El Poril - All the places round the harbour have a PR or waiter approaching you.

Las Vegas - see previous post.

Nuff said.

17. Re: Recommend restaurants at San Antonio end of the strip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen