We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

windy ????

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester...
windy ????

hi everyone, hope you can help.

I am planning on going on a family holiday to: Puerto Del Carmen, end of July. Some people are putting me off by saying, It is very windy there. Not sure what to do now, has anyone been before and can give me some advice on the weather in the end of July. Thanks.

Lanzarote, Spain
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen, Teguise, San Bartolome
reviews: 151
1. Re: windy ????

Really, a breeze yes, Strong wind in July highly unlikely.....plus if you get a day with NO wind your find it too hot.....take no notice and just enjoy the break. It willbe very hot whatever the weather.

Keith

Manchester...
2. Re: windy ????

Thanks for that, put my mind at rest, looking forward to going now :)

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 4
3. Re: windy ????

I'm taking my kids to PDC at the end of July and I'm hoping there'll be a breeze, I've been there several times and would never describe it as "windy". Don't let them put you off, its fab ;)

reviews: 29
4. Re: windy ????

Please do go as you will have a great time. You need the wind during the summer months. We love it out there, can't wait 8 days to go and yes it will be cold at night but who cares its warmer than Tipperary. Roll on the mucky duck and the Place.

Bolton, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: windy ????

Hi

We had our first holiday in Lanzarote 3 years ago and went to Playa Blanca.The reason we went there is that I read on the net that it is the least windy resort on the island and that was OK with me as chasing a newspaper, bookmark ,cap etc along the beach is not my idea of fun.We had a great time with only a slight breeze on some days.Last June we took a bus to PDC from PB (great value) as we had booked to go to PDC in September and we wanted to see what it was like.It was HOT and on the day we visited there was less breeze than in PB.When we returned in September the weather was hot for the nine days we were there the breeze was hardly noticableWe liked it so much we are going to PDC again this year.I am sure you will enjoy your holiday PDC is brill.

Gateshead
reviews: 39
6. Re: windy ????

As others have said there is a breeze, we've been going to PDC for a good few year and you would suffer if it wasn't for the breeze, it's a fab place our kids love it, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Manchester...
7. Re: windy ????

Hi everyone,

thanks for all your replies, been very helpful, going on the 5th Aug really looking forward to it!!!

thanks!!

Wirral
reviews: 55
8. Re: windy ????

Enjoy it, breeze as well, you'll be glad of it. Fab place, our second home Ha!!

Kent
reviews: 1
9. Re: windy ????

Been going to PDC for 20yrs, at all times of the year. Would say that it can be breexy and sometime it is welcome. at worst its still shorts and t shirt!!

Manchester UK
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 85
10. Re: windy ????

Costa Teguise is the windiest resort, however you will be thankful for the 'breeze in PDC' without it it could be uncomfortably warm.

A quick word of warning

Make sure you take plenty of water on board as well as lots of sun block as if the breeze is good it does not feel to hot

Happy Holidays

Danny

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen