We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My views on eating out in PDC....

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, England
reviews: 139
My views on eating out in PDC....

Just returned after a lovely week in PDC, here's my two pennyworth:-

Bodega - Lovely restaurant and good food, ruined by the way we were rushed through our meal. Mains served immediately after starters and bill plonked down whilst we were still finishing our wine after declining dessert.

Emmas Cantina - fantastic Tex/Mex food as always - just love those ribs, meltingly tender and barbecuelicious! Spicy and not so spicy food on offer, all very tasty. Frozen lime marguerita made to order, mmm mmm. Warm welcome, great service.

La Lonja - lovely tapas, friendly service and fresh fish even my fish hating oh tried and enjoyed. Fresh dorada (spelling?) cooked with garlic, gorgeous. Ate there several times.

Mar Deleva - lovely setting, great view, friendly staff. Only stopped for a quick bite and had octopus salad. Unfortunately, this was pickled octopus and very vinegary. However, this place has been recommended to us by a regular visitor, so would give it another go.

El Sardinero - A great disappointment. Went with the aforementioned regular and shared a seafood paella. Although the paella was tasty enough, it wasn't served at our table but behind us, and rather slapped on the plate. Also, I was given two thirds and my fellow diner a third! It wasn't that large a paella either in comparison to others I've had. Wouldn't bother going again.

T.J.'s - Very tender and tasty goat curry, rather tough and disappointing ribs, ok potatoes and a scrummy creamed leek and puff pastry dish. Certainly good for a totally different meal.

We also visited El Ancla for my oh's English breakfast, which was 2.7 euros for full English and chips which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Finally, we had tapas in a place that had a separate bar area to eat tapas or a slightly more formal restaurant. Very nice food; mixed Lanzarote cheeses with dates and some biscuits, with a very nice salad. I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember the name! It was situated just down the road from our apartment at Los Pueblos. If I can find out the name, I'll add this on.

London
1. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

Thank you for a very interesting insight to some of the eating places. I always goe past places and wonder what they are like.

Where is T.J.s? Cannot place it. (I really do believe my top organ cells have gone on holiday without me!)

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
reviews: 28
2. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

TJ's is just along from The Irish Harbour Bar above the harbour.

Pearl Poppy - great roundup. I have loved El sardinero but I too was disappointed last week when I went. I found out they recently got taken over by the restaurant upstairs in the harbour that I forget it's name but don't rate.

Was the tapas bar bodejo (sp) that joines la cascada (the restuarant that always has a fridge in the doorway showing fresh meat) in the old town opposite the taxi rank?

Brighton, England
3. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

Hi Richt71

Not just me that was disappointed with Sardinero then. Yes indeed, Bodega was the tapas bar that adjoins Cascada. In fact, the two restaurants are owned by same people and have archways linking them.

Forgot to mention the restaurant opposite Emma's, Cabana I think, where my oh wanted to go for an "English" Very dated interior, nice people, good food but very expensive compared to other places. Had a rack of lamb and asked how I wanted it. Replied pink to medium and got it very pink. It was very tender and had a good flavour. My oh ordered steak and ale pie and got a casserole with a puff pastry lid - not a pie. However, it was a generous portion and apparently very tasty.

Brighton, England
4. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

P.S. T.J's on Calla Teide just along from Emma's.

London
5. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

Thanks for that. The mention of goat curry did spark my curiosity! I like to try different things, so this is one I may be tempted to visit!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
reviews: 10
6. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

We will deffo be visiting some of those places on our return to carmen in march.

I see you stayed at los pueblos, we too are staying there again this year, have they placed kettles in the rooms yet as we didnt have one last year?

Brighton, England
7. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

Well, we had a kettle in our room, can't say if they are in every one :-) but would guess that they are. Have a lovely time, we did!

CO.DOWN
reviews: 10
8. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

Mar Deleva is a great spot, have eat there a number of times. You have to try the specials, we had some lovely fish dishes. The seafood platter is something else. A lot of the local families from the area eat there so that says a lot for the place. Staff are great always smiling and remember you and what you drink when you call again. Once i asked did they have cigars, but told they did not sell them. A short time after did'nt the waitress arrive back breathless with a selection from the supermarket down the street. So that and the food sells it for me.

Edited: 12:08 pm, January 21, 2011
9. Re: My views on eating out in PDC....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen