We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer - Some help please

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 1
1st timer - Some help please

Were planning on going to pcd at the end of march this year and just have a few questions

1. We think were going to stay in the elena apartments they seem to be getting good reviews on tripadvisor has anyone on this forum ever stayed there?

2. Looked up pre booked airport transfers & the come in around €48 (thats for being collected at airport & being dropped back to airport) would we better off just getting a taxi outside the airport instead?

3. Were in our mid 20's so like to go out & enjoy ourselves are there any good pubs / clubs for our age group (we dont want to places thats full of 17/18 year olds lol)

4. Would the weather be good enough at this time to get in a spot of sun bathing & get a nice tan.

5. Is it worth going to ranco texas for a night & where do you get tickets for it or for anyother excursions for that matter.

Thanks very much in advance for any info :)

Manchester UK
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 85
1. Re: 1st timer - Some help please

Hello,

touch wood the weather should be nice then and you'd have a good chance of getting a tan.

I would get a taxi from the airport and back, and with a tip, it shopuld be no more than 30€ return, the other 18€ you could get some wine beer and snacks for your fridge,

I have heard good things about the elena, but believe that you should ask for a room away from the street so you don't get the noise from Centro Atlantico, they are in a good spot though, handy for everything

Loads of places within a stones throw for you to go for a drink and a dance, try Ruta 66 and tropical, the bars in Centro (across from the elena will also be worth a look in, but they do get a mixed crowd of old and young, If you fancy a couple of quieter drinks before you hit the late bars or even a nice afternoon, try Spenders, at the bottom of the road opposite the Elena, be warned though the meausres are large !

Enjoy PDC

Danny

Edited: 10:08 am, January 14, 2010
scotland
reviews: 5
2. Re: 1st timer - Some help please

Hey

we are heading over on 26th march for 3 nights too!

In our eyes the best bars are in centro, big apple, tequila, hippodrome, nikki beach are our favourites! It's buy 1 get 1 free all night plus u get a free shot with nearly every round too! These pubs all close at 4am then we head to ache bar which is also in centro and is open till 6am! Either that or nightclub 928. You will find this if you come out of centro and go right, it's about 10 steps away! These places aren't full of teenagers they are a mix of all ages.

We don't go to tropical or route 66 because the drinks are a lot dearer!

I have never stayed in the elena but yes they are meant to be dead good.

Hope this helps a bit!!

Oh and another wee tip, eating out close to elena! If u come down the road and turn left just past centro there are 2 good restaurants, pinocchios and the royal! I recommend pinocchios lasagne and pizzas and the steaks in the royal are yummy too!!

Gateshead...
reviews: 16
3. Re: 1st timer - Some help please

You will love PDC we have been 4 times goin over in 5 weeks time there is loads of bars so you will have loads to do loads on the main drag i would get a taxi would not pay the prices for the transfer only takes about 10-15 mins to get to the resort always loads of taxis outside the airport ask the price before you get in.Cant remember how much we paid i would not say anything more than 20euros.The weather you take your chance we have been all different times of the year to the canaries and you cant tell but i have always came back with a tan always take a thin cardie for the nite time as it gets a bit cooler

Edited: 10:00 am, January 17, 2010
Glasgow
reviews: 11
4. Re: 1st timer - Some help please

Yes definitely agree with the others about getting a taxi as apposed to transfers! Been a few times to Puerto Del Carmen and always get a taxi to this resort. Usually costs in the region of 15€ each way but do check on price before getting in the taxi.

March is usually pretty warm but it does get cooler in the evenings.

Can't comment on Elena never stayed there but do believe its right in the centre close to the clubs and the beach. You'll be travelling just before Easter which in the past is known to be a quite time in Lanzarote as flight prices seem to be more expensive but now with RyanAir flying there maybe it will be busier this year. Have a good one.

5. Re: 1st timer - Some help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, July 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen