We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to L'Espiguette Beach

Which Le Grau-du-Roi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
reviews: 8
Transport to L'Espiguette Beach

I'd like to get from Montpellier to L'Espiguette by public transit. Does anyone know where the 106 bus stops in Le Grau-du-Roi? Is it a reasonable walk from there to the beach?

Or should I rent a bike in somewhere like La Grande Motte and cycle to the beach?

5 replies to this topic
Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
reviews: 4
1. Re: Transport to L'Espiguette Beach

You need to get to Port Camargue, then take the road to L'Espiguette. Check out buses here : https://www.edgard-transport.fr/ and look at a taxi for the last bit if you need it.

More : http://g.co/maps/2uwtb

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
2. Re: Transport to L'Espiguette Beach

I don´t think the 106 bus goes to Port Camargue. It stops in le Grau du Roi at the train station or near the public tennis courts and continues to Aigues Mortes.

You´ll most likely need to hire a taxi to reach l´Espiguette or rent a bicycle. L´Espiguette is a private beach and charges for parking. There is a bike rental in le Grau du Roi at:

Vélo Evasion

Centre Commercial Le Marlin

1291, ave Camargue

04 66 51 48 65

Edited: 4:23 pm, May 16, 2012
Edmonton
reviews: 8
3. Re: Transport to L'Espiguette Beach

Update: I took the 106 bus and rented a bike in Le Grau du Roi. It was an easy half hour bike ride to the beach. There's a great new bike path along most of the route and bike racks at the beach.

This beach is really beautiful and I'd recommend it to anyone who's passing through the area.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
4. Re: Transport to L'Espiguette Beach

Glad this worked out for you flood81. However, the beach of le Grau du Roi was but a 4-5 minute walk to the south once you got off the bus. This beach is not as big as is l´Espiquette but it is the same sand which is trucked in.

London, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Transport to L'Espiguette Beach

Flood81 - how easy did you find renting a bike in Le Grau du Roi? How much was it? and is it secure leaving it in the racks at L'Espiguette?

This is sounding like an excellent plan!

Reply to: Transport to L'Espiguette Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Le Grau-du-Roi