We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please

Which Watamu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk uk
reviews: 3
Help Please

Help please,we put off going to Kenya3 years ago because of some issues so we really would like to go and are due to book 2 weeks from wed 10 April 13 to either Turtle Bay Watamu or Mnarani Club Kilfi

1. Please help with inococulations,do we really need them,and info on malaria tablets

2 Weather,big concern as we are unsure of the rainy season

3 just cant decide on which hotel,all comments appreiciated

we have looked at the forums just a bit overawed with all the information,we know YOU cant choose our holiday for us but all comments would be great

we are looking for a relaxing chilled holiday and intend to look at taking some excursions etc

Thank you

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 62
1. Re: Help Please

1, You will need anti malarial tablets for your trip but need to discuss this with your GP.

2 . It is the long rains but normally most of the rain falls during the night so nothing to worry about you will still get plenty of sun and return home with a tan.

3. I have stayed at both hotels and both are very good but I prefer Mnarani due to its location away from the major tourist areas and its laid back feel.

You will be able to get more detailed answers to your questions by using the search function.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 66
2. Re: Help Please

I would also go for the Mnarani Club, Kilifi is not a tourist resort but a typical Kenyan town so you will not get any hassle from beach boys, the beach is lovely on the creek and the creek view rooms have a brilliant view. The nearby boat yard is an ideal spot for a cool tusker, 3 Degrees South are based here and offer a great selection of water sports at very reasonable prices. Also the Dhow trip to Bird Island in the evening is a must, unusual birds in a beautiful setting, just perfect.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
3. Re: Help Please

If you are traveling with kids, then Turtle beach. No kids then Mnarani. The views, new bar and food at Mnarani are great.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 46
4. Re: Help Please

Hi,

For vaccinations see this recent thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/…48125491

Kampala, Uganda
reviews: 2
5. Re: Help Please

i highly reccomend turtle beach.

London UK
reviews: 123
6. Re: Help Please

Definitely recommend Turtle Bay Beach Club - it has everything you could possibly need.

bristol
reviews: 1
7. Re: Help Please

Turtle Bay for me. As relaxed as you want it to be and activities if you want them. Watamu village with a few shops and restaurants if you fancy a change of scenery. Great dhow trip in Mida Creek booked through the hotel. Nice long walks along the beach. Bikes free of charge from the hotel and fantastic staff to cater for your needs. Also if you are going with youngsters they have an excellant kids club. Also we have been in April a few times and the weather was fine, a few showers but short and brief.

Edited: 4:14 pm, March 28, 2013
8. Re: Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Watamu
Recent Conversations