We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Which Watamu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridgeshire
reviews: 53
Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

We're in the very early planning stages at the moment and need some advice in relation to Turtle Bay and a Safari. Someone has recommended this hotel to me and they advised us not to book a safari until we arrive at the hotel. Apparently it's a lot cheaper that way, and although you miss out on a couple of days all inclusive, it means that you can leave the majority of your clothes etc in your room and don't have to lug it all around with you.

When is the best time to go ? We're looking at November 2011 ? What will the weather be like ?

And the most important question... Turtles ! Are we likely to see them at the resort ? When is the best time to travel to see the babies hatching ? We've been to Heron Island on the Great Barrier Reef a couple of times where we've seen these magnificent creatures come up the beach to lay their eggs, but so far haven't timed it lucky enough to see the babies.

Please help - including any other advice you can give us !

Many thanks

Alison and Mark

42 replies to this topic
London UK
reviews: 144
31. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Ian .. I've sent you a PM - if you respond I'll send you some info ..

Peter

Egham
reviews: 4
32. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Hi

We are staying at TBBC in August/September this year, and also looking at safaris. I still can't decide if booking when there is the best option. Can anyone give me ideas of prices?

Thanks

Cambridgeshire
33. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Hi lydiaaj,

I started this post back in January 2011. We've been to turtle bay twice since! Based on the advice I received on trip advisor I contacted a couple of companies whilst still in the uk. The one who seemed the best was Abdul at Tunda Tours and Safaris. We booked in the uk and he met us at the resort when we arrived. We did the same thing on the return visit last November and trust me we made the right choice. Abdul is fantastic, he really is. He takes no money up front until you finalise arrangements in kenya. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Please tell him Alison and Mark recommended him, I'm sure he'll do you a great deal and you won't be disappointed,

Check out his website. As for costs it will very much depend on where you go, Tsavo/Masai etc, duration and camp.

I'm always a little wary of recommending anybody because everyone likes different things, but I'm sure he'll organise the perfect package. He's absolutely fantastic! We've done a couple of reviews on here for Tunda Tours / Turtle Bay and the Royal Mara.

If you want any further info please don't hesitate to contact me.

Egham
reviews: 4
34. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Thanks Alision and Mark, I have just emailed Abdul. :)

London UK
35. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

We also recommended Tunda Tours after the brilliant arrangements Abdul made - I have put a report on the Tunda Tours TA page. Glad you enjoyed it ..

P

kent
reviews: 31
36. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Been reading the comments about Tunda Tours on here and nice to see Abdul has a UK based representative, it makes life easier when trying to communicate between UK and Kenya when the Internet is down a lot there.

Makes booking a lot better too ;)

reviews: 1
37. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Which wild life safari do you recommend from turtle beach

London UK
38. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

WE booked with Tunda tours and did Tsavo West followed by Amboseli and then Tsavo East - 3 nights and it was BRILLIANT!

reviews: 1
39. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Which wild life safari do you recommend from turtle beach

Cambridgeshire
40. Re: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !

Janet T,

Tunda tours and safaris - we've done the royal Mara in the Masai Mara twice. Fantastic and highly recommended!

Reply to: Turtle Beach and Safari - Questions, Questions !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Watamu
Recent Conversations