We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferries?

Which Watamu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
ferries?

I read somewhere that there is a ferry service in the area of tbbc? Is that true and is there a web site I can go to for more info? Can you hop on for a day trip somewhere? I'll be at tbbr for 12 days and am looking for some things to do.

Cheers, Lynn

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 43
1. Re: ferries?

Karibu Kenya, the Ferry service is when you go from Mombasa Island to South Coast Diani, the ride on the new Ferries (just arrived from Germany).

For Day Trips you can go to Wasini Island, Kisite Marine Park (on this trip you cross the Ferry twice and you are having a ride on a old Arab Dhow)

Also you could do a one day Tsavo East or a one day Shimba Hills.

Shanzu, Kenya
reviews: 54
2. Re: ferries?

Whilst I agree with slofty about Wasini, Kisite and Shimba Hills there is a big but.

If you are staying in Watamu at TBBC you are talking 3- 3.5 hrs travelling each way. That is assuming you have no delays at Likoni Ferry.

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: ferries?

Yah...that's too much travelling. Does anyone have any suggestions for day trips that aren't too far?

How far is the Diani Beach area?

Thanks, Lynn

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
4. Re: ferries?

Hi,

nice trips will be:

- Hells Kitchen

- Gedi Ruins

- Trip to Malindi.

Watamu has an own Marine Park. You will find more suggestions here: http://www.watamu.net/watamu-activities.html

Bye

Chrissy

Milton Keynes...
reviews: 37
5. Re: ferries?

Diani is South Coast Mombasa, & as westwoodboy said it is more than three hours away, via the Likoni Ferry

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
6. Re: ferries?

Good excursions in the Watamu area also include Mida creek (for birds, Giriama culture), the Turtle rescue place (very worthwhile) and the Bioken reptile park, which is the best such place on the coast.

Richard

7. Re: ferries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Watamu
Recent Conversations