We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

Which Genting Highlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 27
Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

Hi All,

This is the first time we visit Malaysia, could anyone suggest me the convenient hotel with the budget 50$us. If we go Genting from Melaka by bus 707, is the price included cable car fee? Will we buy ticket for roundtrip cable car? If we stay in the hotel in Genting, do we need buy ticket for cable car or entertainment? is it like Vinpearl in Vietnam?

Could anyone advise me the information so that we can clear everything before departing?

Thanks in advance.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
reviews: 68
1. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

The cable car tickets have to be purchased separately. It is very reasonable so you can buy it at the spot.

In genting you can stay at the First world hotel for US 50. www.rwgenting.com

You have to buy tickets separately for both the theme parks at Genting, unless you take a package deal that is available on their website as given above

In Kuala lumpur there are lots of choices but if you increase your budget a bit then you can get some really good hotels in Bukit Bintang area. That is the best area to stay.

try - hotelscombined.com

Ho Chi Minh City...
2. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

Dear RainmanMumbai,

Thanks very much for your info.

I access to rwgenting.com but it seems expensive, It is not 50$, I found in agoda, every weekend it is full. Just in Monday about 70$ for superior.

I intend to stay at The First World hotel, buy the package ticket for indoor and outdoor game (66RM), how could i get the best price? I will buy as soon as I arrive Genting?

Next, how about cable car? we will buy roundtrip ticket to use for departure next day?

I will fly by AirAsia, so I arrive LCCT, Are there any buses to go to Melaka or Genting? Which one will be convenient? I intend to go Melaka first, then I will go to Genting from Melaka the day after. Finally, I will take the bus to KL and enjoy 2 nights in KL. Is the journey ok?

Thanks.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
3. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

rwgenting is the official website and they generally give the cheapest rates. weekends are more expensive, and so are holidays like christmas season etc. otherwise a superior or deluxe rooms are available at MYR 125, which is just less than US 50.

air asia lands at LCCT terminal in KL, from there you can book the direct bus to Genting, - www.aerobus.my. it takes about 2 hours and will drop u at the bus-station at genting. from there it is a covered walk of 10 min to lobby of first world. on the way down you can do the cable car ride, which is excellent. the cable car will take u to the skyway base station, from here take the elevators down to the bus-stop and there are many buses going to various parts of KL. go to KL sentral staion and then a prepaid cab for MYR 12 to bukit bintang.

Cable car tickets are freely available, no worries about that. just dont carry huge bags as they are not allowed. bags should be medium size.

theme park tickets together are cheaper slightly, so buy the combo. you can buy this when you arrive at genting again, no need to buy in advance.

superior deluxe rooms are fine at first world, they are basic, but fine. from LCCT airport buy mineral water bcoz bottle water is v exp at genting.

enjoy!

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
4. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

Genting to melaka -

www.lks707.com/Packages.aspx…

Lcct to melaka -

lcct.com.my/transportation/…lcct-to-malacca

if you take the bus both ways into genting and out of genting, then you will miss the cable car ride which is the best part of genting.

so you should go straight from LCCT to melaka, and then bus from melaka to genting, and then cable car down from genting to bus-staion- and then bus ride to KL.

Ho Chi Minh City...
5. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

Hi RainmanMumbai,

Thanks thanks very much for your info. It is very interesting.

I'll go Melaka first from LCCT, then I will take the 707bus to Genting.

It means the bus will pick me up to the hotel. When I leave Genting, what should I do? Sure that, I will take the cable car, and how about the lugguage? I have 1 backpack and a medium vali, I think they're ok to go together with me by cable car. But if the staff is not allow for them to go with me, what should I do? Could you advise me?

And if I want to get in and out Genting by cable car, is it ok?

When I arrive cable car station, I will buy the ticket to KL (Bukit Bintang) or I buy it in advance, when I arrive Genting the day before?

Thanks very much.

Ho Chi Minh City...
6. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

Hi, Our plan may be changed because we can't book the available room at weekend. So we 'll go Genting from LCCT first, stay on Thursday, and we'll go to Melaka on Friday. Will we take the bus after landing the cable car to Melaka?

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
7. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

There are 2 bus stations at Genting, one is right up at Genting itself, and the other one is below at the skyway station after you come back down from Genting by cable car. If u take the bus directly from up then you will miss the cable car ride. But I'm not sure whether you will get a bus from down.

So what I would suggest is to do the cable car ride while you are staying at Genting. just go and buy the ticket there only, freely available and quite cheap. It will take you about 1 hour to go down and back up

Once you are back up, you can just book the bus directly to melaka. Enquire for rates. There are many bus counters at the genting bus station

Ho Chi Minh City...
8. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

Thanks very much for your kind support.

How is the weather in Genting? About 20 or 25 ?

Do we need gloves, hat to keep warm?

Do you know the hop on hop off in KL? My friend told me that i could by a ticket and go around the city, if i stop to visit the places, i can take another bus to come back as long as i keep the ticket. Unless keeping it, i have to pay one more time

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
9. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

Genting is cooler than KL, but you do not need gloves. A light jacket is just fine, but carry a cap/ hat as it gets sunny or windy.

Last December the temp had dropped to 16 deg.. But its nice and pleasant.

KL is really very well connected by their train systems. Easy to go around.

There is a kl hop on bus - http://www.myhoponhopoff.com/

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
10. Re: Accommodation, entertainment, cable car, package

See my review for the First World Hotel at Genting in the hotel reviews section.