We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

I just returned from a week at the Hilton Rose Hall does anyone have any questions?

wales
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

Hi where arriving Saturday all the weather reports we,re looking at says thunderstorms is this righted staying for 14 nights

wales
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

Hi we,re arriving Saturday for 14 nights all the weather channels sayin thunderstorm is this right

northern ireland
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

Hi, Hope you have a good holiday. Can you tell me what the evening entertainment is like?

Also any other tips that might be useful.

Thanks for your help

USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

I wouldn't really worry about the forecast. On the days that it did rain it only rained for a little and then the sun came out or it rained in the afternoon around 3. Usually we would go to the beach and pool early in the morning after breakfast so by the time the rain came around we were ready for a nap anyway. In regards to the evening entertainment they would have a house band first then the main act would come on until 10 then the house band would perform until 10:30. The main acts varied, the steel band was very good (high energy), one night there was a talent show which included guests, one night they had a trivia game which was cool once the guests got involved, one night they had folk dancers, and on two nights there where two different female singers who were pretty good. I personally really liked the house band. Then from 10:30 until 2 am there was the club. The club was kind of dead, but if you have an open mind you can have fun. I had no problem partying in there once the music was good. Also one night they were doing Karaoke in there. Tips, I would recommend reserving a cabana they are not big, but it comes in handy to shade some sun and also to shelter you if it rains. If you want restaurant reservations I would email the Hotel a couple of days before you arrive to request them and once you check-in I would confirm with the restaurant check in desk and get your confirmation cards. Also note that the hotel has been running at 90% occupancy since January and even though it is low season it is quite packed. If you have anymore questions just ask. Also the drinks at the Bar Frog (not the correct name, it is the bar right off of the lobby) had the best drinks compared to the other bars.

Edited: 10:39 am, July 09, 2013
Willow Grove
2 posts
5. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

Thinking about booking here for family vacation in August (5 and 8 year olds), is it really all-inclusive? Any fine print about certain items included and others not? Is the water park good for young kids? Clean too? The beach seems a bit narrow, but is it at least a long private beach? Did you feel safe (for small children)? Was the food good? or good enough? Thanks!

wales
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

Does it rain for long?

USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

Yes, it really is All-Inclusive. When it comes to All-Inclusive, Jamaica is King. This does not include the following: 1) Wireless internet in rooms (11.95 per day)

2) Cabanas run from $50-$75 per day (The cost includes Butler service from 9-4pm)

3) Spa Services

4) Wine by the Bottle at the restaurants

5) Motor Water Sports

6) Room Service

The water park is very clean and good for big kids at heart and little kids. I traveled with my two year old, husband and extended family. Everyone was on the slides in the water park except for my mother and aunt. My two year old was unable to go on the big slide with the tube, but the little slide he could go on. By the end of the week he was going down my himself and we would catch him at the bottom. In regards to the beach the reviews that eveyone was posting about the beach are true. The water is not clear, but this is due to this being a man made beach. I didn't really enjoy the beach much, I only ventured into the water once. But, my two year old was in heaven and at the end of the day that is all that matters. I felt safe on the property at all times. I noticed a lot of parents let their older kids go around on their own even at 1 in the morning. The food was good enough some nights were better that others. I enjoyed caribbean night. We had 4 nights of reservations and we basically ate at all of the restaraunts. My husband said that the pancakes in the morning had no taste. If we knew we liked something we would just ask the chef at the station if they could prepare it like they were going to eat it. The best food that I have had at all-inclusive s on the island were at Couples Swept Away in Negril and Couples Tower Isle in St. Mary, but now I have a kid in tow so no more adult only properties. As far as rain goes this is the caribbean and this is rainy season it may rain everyday, but not for long unless there is some type of weather system around.

If there are anymore questions just ask.

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could tell me how the mosquitoes are there? we are looking to go in October and hoping there won't be many around.

Also do you mind if I ask anyone how much their vacation cost? I see a deal for 3 of us for $4600 2 adults & 1 child to go Oct 5th to 19th from Toronto wondering if that's a good deal or should I wait a little longer before booking?

thanks

USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

If you are outside at night the Mosquitos will get you!! Off did not seem to work, it was like an afrodecact for them. I booked my stay in the beginning of January for the first week if July and we paid $2,165.40 per room, did not have to pay for the toddler and this was for a tropical view room.

USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Just returned from Hilton Rose Hall. Any Questions?

If you are outside at night the Mosquitos will get you!! Off did not seem to work, it was like an afrodecact for them. I booked my stay in the beginning of January for the first week if July and we paid $2,165.40 per room, did not have to pay for the toddler and this was for a tropical view room. That did not include airfare.