We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
reviews: 12
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Hi,

Can you tell me the etiquette for tipping at the Grand Rose Hall? How much should you tip? Should you leave a tip for the cleaner every day?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

52 replies to this topic
Nottingham
reviews: 22
11. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

just finished packing the cases,off to the airport in 6 hours,restaurants booked for the first three nights.I just hope we dont get a 12 hour delay like last year,not looking forward to the 9 hour flight ,but it is worth it Cheers everyone

12. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

We just returned on Wednesday from the Grand. I agree with sweetcarebear on this. Tipped $5 for daily housekeeping $3 for evening turndown $5 for speciality restaurants $2 to $3 throughout the daily to bartenders/servers, etc. On the day we left we made additional rounds to offer respect to those who were extra spectacular during our stay. The service was great and tips were not expected.

Limerick...
reviews: 94
13. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Tipping the landscaping crew?

That is ridiculous.

Who is next the life guards?

schuylkill haven
reviews: 29
14. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

I will not tip the lifeguards unless they save me from drowning . That better include mouth to mouth from a cutie!Just kidding. I do spend slot of time on the beach what about $10 at the end of the day not every drink? I was budgeting $200 in tips for the week including airport and cabs.

Limerick...
reviews: 94
15. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Shifts change you may give $10.00 to some one who brought you one drink.

I prefer to tip after every drink.

Also may help to get better service on the following order

Walsall, United...
reviews: 5
16. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Holidayer99, we got some singles and five dollar notes for when we arrived but as usual we then got twenties and a few fifties, we used to get the twenties changed at the front desk every few days. They were happy to give a couple of fives and 10 singles, so don't worry if the bank only gives you a few small notes. Have a great time, we're going back in September:)

Holmes
reviews: 9
17. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

We always leave $3.00 each day for the maid since they can change over the course of a stay. We leave $3 at Breakfast and Lunch and $5 at dinner. We give the pool server $5 every day unless we have to get our own. Then we tip the bartender.

18. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

If you tip $2-5 everytime someone brings you a drink, you might as well not go to an all inclusive and go to a real five star hotel and pay for that drink. I tip the very best service only. If you tip for each service, it becomes expected every time, defeating the purpose of it.

canada
reviews: 2
19. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

We sponsor two families who live in one of the poorest countries on earth. They have to walk six miles to carry two buckets of water back to their village. I'll be dammed if I'm going to give someone 2 to 5 bucks to serve me a drink at an all-inclusive resort. I'll get off my chair and get my own drink. These people don't work any harder then someone who works for nothing!

Hallsville, Missouri
reviews: 1
20. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

To be honest, we did not see most people tipping at all there. I would say maybe one in ten parties tipped, unless they were super discreet. I specifically watched for it. Service was great there a couple weeks ago.

Reply to: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted