We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praia do Forte Accommodation

Which Praia do Forte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portugal
reviews: 4
Praia do Forte Accommodation

Hi there,

What's the best accomodation option in Praia do Forte after Tivoli Eco-Resort? I'm spending 4 nights in Pdf and was intending to stay at the Eco-Resort but it's really very expensive...

After doing some research, I came up with 2 options:

- Pousada Farol das Tartarugas

- Pousada Refúgio da Vila

Are these 2 good options? In terms of location how are they compared to the Eco-Resort?

One of the problems I read is that the beach in front of some hotels isn't good to swim because of the corals and you have to walk somewhere where you can swim... Will I have a problem with these 2 options?

Thanks!

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
reviews: 19
1. Re: Praia do Forte Accommodation

Farol das Tartarugas....good option!

Salvador, BA
reviews: 1
2. Re: Praia do Forte Accommodation

You could also look at Porta da Lua, which is pretty close to one of the deeper pools to swim in. A lot of the coast at PdF has coral reefs, which make for rough waves and shallow tide pools, depending on tide. That's another reason I prefer Guarajuba.

Edited: 10:20 am, September 27, 2010
Salvador, BA
reviews: 43
3. Re: Praia do Forte Accommodation

Both pousadas are very nice, and close to the villa. All beaches around that side have corals. But great natural swmming pools to relax in and fresh up. Porto da lua is my favorite as its simple, cheap and sea front!

But you can also rent houses in Praia do Forte, seafront or not! Msg me if you need any options!

Salvador, BA
reviews: 1
4. Re: Praia do Forte Accommodation

Best to look at the date of the post and/or OP's other posts. This OP is probably already a long time home.

5. Re: Praia do Forte Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 11, 2011