We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rajkot travel advise please

Which Rajkot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 2
Rajkot travel advise please

Hi guys,

I shall be visting Rajkot fo rthe 1st time in October and need advise on places to visit or even near by places in Gujarat.

So far from Rajkot I have idea to visit Ahmedabad, Gondal, and Virpur.

I still have around 2 days which I can utalise travelling, any help on towns I can visit? Jamnagar is one town I have thought of, any other/

Also, my flight will be landing inAhmedabad at 3am. To Rajkot, are coaches easily available?

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
reviews: 19
1. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

Many places that you can plan from Rajkot. You can consider visiting the Gir National Park at Sasan Gir. Will take about 4 hrs to reach there. You can check the park timings and reach accordingly. There are a number of places to stay as well. You can also visit Somnath. It is a further 2 hrs away from Sasan. The temple is simply beautiful and is located right on the beach. Its well maintained and is indeed quite large.

There are coaches available from Ahmedabad to Rajkot. Usually an area called Pardi has many buses available. But you may have to arrange for transport from Airport to Pardi. You may also consider hiring a private taxi from airport to Rajkot. Since you are arriving early in the morning you should reach Rajkot in about 3 hrs. The roads are generally in good condition.

England
2. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

Thank you for your response and advise, much appreciated.

mississippi
3. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

if you have two days i would recommend junagadh and sasan gir. Junagadh is at most a 3 hour drive from Rajkot and Sasan Gir a further 45 minutes from there. The other option would be to go to Diu and relax on the beach. That should take you about 4 hours from Rajkot. There aren't any coaches available from the Ahmedabad airport to Rajkot and Paldi is a 45 minute drive in to town. There will be no coaches running to Rajkot at 3 am. Your best bet is hiring a car or getting a cab in to town, spending the day sight seeing in Ahmedabad and then catching a bus to Rajkot. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions

England
4. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

Thank you guys for your help and advise.

There is a coach from Pardi to Rajkot at around 7am.

If I was to go Pardi from airport, it means I would be there by 4am.

Is there anything open in Pardi area at around 4am where we could sit, hang out till its time for our coach to Rajkot?

Any advise will be much appreciated, thank you.

Edited: 6:38 am, September 14, 2011
Ahmedabad, India
5. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

Gondal and Virpur can be finished in one day. coz both are on the same stretch on Rajkot-Porbandar highway

Not much in Virpur except the Jalaram Bapa mandir.

Gondal Palace is worth visiting and it has quite an impressive collection of old classic cars from the raj era.

For the rest 2 nights ( assuming you have a car @ yr disposal ) Starting from Rajkot via Jetpur,Junagadh,Mendarda reach Sasan and check out the Asiatic Lions, stay overnight and then leave for Diu via Jamwala forest gate and Una. explore Diu, a small place spend a night at Diu and return back to Rajkot via Somnath temple,Veraval, Keshod, Junagagh and Jetpur. ( 260-270 kms )

round trip complete !

Enjoy.

Ahmedabad, India
6. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

Check up for Gujarat State Road Transport Corpn. Volvo buses @ Ahmedabad Airport

They were supposed to start a coach service direct from the Airport to Rajkot, Vadodara & Surat. Brand new buses since the intercity Volvos service is hardly 6 months old and saves monies too ! for travel from Airport to Paldi in a rickshaw.

Google gsrtc intercity volvo and you'll get lots of leads.

Alternatively if the '' direct from airport'' - Volvo service still hasn't started when u visit in October, catch a G Auto rickshaw from the Airport to Paldi or any corner of the city you wish to go.

Those are fair priced rickshaws, trained and courteous drivers and charge by the meter although landing @ 3 a.m. there should be a 1.5 times fare which is official, until 5 or 5:30 am in the morning.

Paldi area around the coach services depot wakes up early around 4 am.

You can definitely sample the Indian Chai- Coffee and Maska Bun / Biscuits at the Anna chai stall, buy a magazine from the newspaper vendors around there and kill time while seating at the bus stand across the tea stall.

Want some 3 star comfort and a rest room to freshen up?

Near the Ellisbridge area next to the Pritam nagar railway underpass you have a 24 hr coffee shop at hotel west end

Its just 2.5 kms before Paldi coming from the Airport

Takes 10-12 mins to reach Paldi in a rickshaw from the hotel.

Enjoy.

Ahmedabad, India
7. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

deshgujarat.com/2011/…

England
8. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

Thank you all for the help / advise provided, much appreciated

9. Re: Rajkot travel advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rajkot