We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

Which Santo Tomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sussex, uk
reviews: 3
Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

Hi,

Was really thinking of booking holiday here end of september. Will be me, husband, 18 month toddler, three year old and nana 60+

Is there somewhere nice to sit in evening and enjoy a few drinks ?

Is there tea making facilities in the room ?

How much is it to hire cot ?

Thanks very much in advance

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
reviews: 1
1. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

MenorcaRegular is an expert on this place, and the area in general. Wait for her to post a reply, It'll be the best advice you get.

JtheD

Edited: 4:27 pm, May 27, 2012
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
reviews: 36
2. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

Will reply fully tomorrow -but basically you get a fully equiped kitchen in the apartment with fridge freezer ,electric cooker, microwave and kettle so there is plenty of opportunity to make your own stuff -you need to take teabags and coffee though and buy milk in the local shop!

What size apartment were you looking at - one or two bed? I have stayed in these apartments every year for ages so I know them REALLY well

Edited: 7:30 pm, May 27, 2012
sussex, uk
3. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

Hello, thank you for replying.

Was thinking of two bedroom aprtment so my mum can have her own room ?

regards

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
4. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

As I have already said, all these appts have full kitchens even if you are going All Inclusive ( First Choice - Thomsons have them for self catering and if last year is anything to go by the management offer you a "meal deal2 when you arrive if you want to upgrade a little). All apartments have free air con but you have to pay for the safety deposit box ( weekly charge plus key deposit) and cot hire which I think last year was €4 per day

There are lots of reviews here on TA tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS which you should read to get the feel of the place.The apartments are very spacious and all are furnished identically - basic but adequate pine stuff whereas if you go across the road to Appts Hamilton Court the furnishings vary as some are privately owned) . I agree that a two bed is the most suitable but as a family of 3 ( 2 + teenager) we have found the one bedroomed ones more than adequate it is just that as you say your mum would appreciate her own room!

There is quite a lengthy "First Choice" video of the complex including photos of the rooms on the SETH hoels own website (see sethotels.com/en/apartamentos-mestral-llebei… ) plus there is also a shorter one made by SETH hotels themselves - on the short video there is a nice picture of the balconies that each apartment has - table, four chairs and external light so very nice for chilling.

By the end of September it will be nice and peaceful in the resort as any noiser guests with large families will have gone as the school holidays will be over. If you are looking for a relaxing resort with a great beach Santo Tomas is lovely.

Edited: 3:28 am, May 28, 2012
sussex, uk
5. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

Thank you so much for your reply, one last question, where do you sit at night to have a nice few drinks ?

London
6. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

in a recovery cell in Es Migjorn I hear ;-)

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
7. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

Didn't know they had a lock up in Es Migorn MIB !! :-))

Seriously, I understand that if you are on All Inclusive you are restricted to where the freebie drinks are but not having been on that tarif ever I am not sure TBH . Definately All Incl drinks are served in Nicos Bar over by the Mestral pool and in Las Dunas' restaurant area but where else I am not too sure.

Evening places to sip a San Miguel or have a jug of sangria in order of preference for ME personally are

1) My balcony

2) The adults only end of the terrace of Es Pins - this had sofas last year and was intended to give couples a bit of space from families with buggies etc. but children are very welcome at Es Pins and the whole terrace is great for seeing the sunset over the sea

3) The Bar area of Restaurante Ca'N Berto ( again good views out over the sea)

4) Malibu ( located on a promentary overlooking the beach)

5) Bar Es Bruc ( bit of a hike along to the far end of the resort with two tinies but not impossible and again lovely views over the sea)

There are a couple of other places but none with such nice views.

Edited: 9:09 am, May 28, 2012
sussex, uk
8. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

Thank you so much for your help, i may have ended up in a cell in my younger days but with two small children thoses days are gone. Am definitely veering towards these apartments.Thanks again

Regards

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
9. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

Just in case there is any doubt for anyone, this complex has two adult pools each with its own toddler pool at the side, one on the Mestral side and one on Llebeig side. Both parts of the complex have poolside bars but Nicos Bar on the Mestral side is where the snack bar is and stays open much later than the one on Llebeig which last year was shut once the guests around the pool started heading back to change for dinner .

The fenced off kiddies splashpool area is on the busier Mestral side ( the snack bar is between this and the Mestral swimming pool) but there is very little inconvenience in the short extra distance to travel if you are on the Llebeig side. Unless it has changed this year all the Kids Den apartments are on the Mestral side and all of the 3 bed appartments are on that side too

Prestonpans, United...
reviews: 5
10. Re: Mestral and Llebeig Apartments

There is also Bar Halley where you can have drinks , just next to These appartmemts , near the small shopping centre , we often went there to escape from the Victoria Playa , although we thought it was a bit pricey !!