We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalamaki

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lincolnshire
reviews: 25
Kalamaki

We are staying at the Venus hotel and I have a few questions.

We like walking does Kalamaki have some nice walks maybe walk to another beach area.

Are there any boat trips and where do you catch the boat.

What places are nice to visit on the boats

Price of eating out in a Kalamaki and beer prices. Thanks

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 65
1. Re: Kalamaki

Kalamaki is pretty flat and as such offers plenty of walking opportunities, many walk into Laganas, this is probably best for the daytime as at night the road is nto lit.

Beer prices from aroun 2 Euros up

Eating out, meals from around 5 Euros with something more substantial staring at 8 or 9, there are plenty of restaurants with offers and for example the Olive tree offers a free starter or pudding if you dine early evening, and Hera offer lasagnes and steaks at good prices.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
reviews: 6
2. Re: Kalamaki

As Barry has said it is a very flat resort but we are at the base of Mount Skopos which has a walking track up and over to the next resort Argassi or you can walk up half way and then walk in to town. It depends if your walkers, ramblers or trekkers. You can also walk in to town itself which many people do, its about 45-60 min walk.

Boat trips you can purchase from a tour shop on the street. If doing a island boat trip I'd go with the half day tour as the full day tour is very long and a bit boring once you get to the west coast and if your seat is on the outside deck sometimes there is very little shade with a boiling hot day which makes it uncomfortable.

Leeds, United...
reviews: 42
3. Re: Kalamaki

As Kev has said Mt Skopos is a nice walk to Argassi. It's beautiful up there as the sun rises. Early morning start in high season and take plenty of water. Then have a breakfast and a beer in Argassi.

Southend-on-Sea...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Kalamaki

We are also staying at The Venus hotel so found this helpful thank you. When are you going?

lincolnshire
reviews: 25
5. Re: Kalamaki

We go in June when do you go?

Southend-on-Sea...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Kalamaki

We are going 23rd may till 6th June so will come on here and let you know any info we can.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 36
7. Re: Kalamaki

Can't comment on Venus as I have not stayed there. The walking around question has pretty much been answered so have nothing else to add there, but for the boat trips, I usually book Direct with Cavo Grosso along the main strip. They have offices pretty much all over Zante and are reasonably priced. Boats generally leave from Zante town but then they do take you to them by coach which is included in the price.

Eating out, same as pretty much anywhere really, prices do very but typically we pay around €30 -€50 for our meals out but then thats for 2 adults & a child. Tips for a decent meal? 2 of my favorates are Paolo's & Artemis.

Reply to: Kalamaki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki