We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amaryllis kalamaki

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgend, United...
reviews: 18
amaryllis kalamaki

Off there 9may 2014 as party of 4 adults age range 21-42 and 2 children aged 2&4 my granddaughters :-) any advice best restaurants and bars that are child friendly is most welcome thanks

London, United...
reviews: 13
1. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

Hello,

I will try and answer for you but they are my own views :

Best restaurants

Escape

Olive Tree

Alexander the Great

Buon Amici

Ambrosia

Heavens Kitchen

Worst Meals

Zakanoh

Pandesia

Avoid

Yamas

Farari - look up their reviews - all true :(

The cronulla Bar was kid friendly. In fact most restaurants/bars are child friendly - it is a family resort. I've got 2 children and had no problem with meals out. I'm going out again this year and this year I'm going to go down the 'old road' as I'm sure there are some gems to be discovered.

Hope that helps a bit.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
reviews: 6
2. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

Everywhere in Kalamaki is child friendly, you can take children in to any bar or restaurant. All I will say is not everywhere will be open at that time, quite a few won't open till the 3rd week as the resort is usually quiet up until that week.

Many people miss the old road as a lot of the reps don't mention it in their welcome meetings for some strange reason but they will recommend places that don't get good reviews. When you get so far up the main road of the resort it looks like there is nothing else there but if you walk just a little bit further and turn right there are some of the most popular restaurants in the resort and a few bars.

Edited: 10:55 am, February 03, 2014
Bridgend, United...
reviews: 18
3. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

First time in kalamaki been argassi twice but driven through kalamki and always fancied it where is old road in relation to amaryllis ?

I would like to add when been to zante and kos in past we do like to go to other hotel/appartments for a drink and food and splash in pool once or twice during our stay for a change of scene any pointers on what would be a good choice for us to visit with the little ones

Edited: 11:44 am, February 03, 2014
Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
4. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

Carreta Beach hotel has a waterpark that is payable at the hotel, Exotica is a good family hotel, Meandros Hotel on the old road has a lovely pool and for a pool with the best view try Crystal Beach at the end of the old road.

Turn right on to the main road and walk as far as you can to a T-junction and turn right, then your on the old road. I'd say a 20 min walk but its ok as there are many places to stop along the way but its not that far, after all your in no rush your holiday.

Edited: 11:53 am, February 03, 2014
Burnley, United...
5. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

Hi, what restaurants are recommended on the old road (family friendly). Thanks

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
6. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

They really are all family friendly and all are very popular, you have Hera, Lambros Grill, Contessina, Georgios, Roof Garden, and at the very end you'll find Zepos.

Wakefield, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

As you walk out of the front door of The Amaryllis turn left then at the top of the rd right and literally follow all the way to the end then turn right or left for the old rd. If you go left there is Michaelos which is fantastic they are brilliant with children and its nice traditional food. If you go right and all the way to the end opposite Crystal beach hotel you will find Zepos which again is gorgeous food and child friendly. Its a long walk from Amaryllis though. For a great lunchtime spot Kalamaki beach taverna is lovely for there go out the hotel and turn right follow all the way down to the beach and your there and then theres the Iguana bar which if you walk the same direction but turn left cant remember exactly where though as its been almost 6yrs lol. There are plenty of other nice places too btw but these were the ones we kept going back to

Stockport, United...
reviews: 11
8. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

Hi we are off to Kalamaki on 14th May. This will be our second year went on 12th last year.

We found everywhere child friendly our little boy was 2 and a half when we went. We stayed at the Marelen which have a splash pool with slides and waterfalls etc and the snack bar there is great.

We are staying slightly nearer the old road this year so hope to explore more of this end as we prefer more traditionally greek eateries and since reading lots of comments on here it seems the old road is more greek and quiet.

We tried the following restaurants last year - Escape, Dias, Olive Tree, Merlis, Michaelos, Paolo, Stani, Zepos, all were fab, not a bad meal and all loved our little one and made a fuss of him.

As has been mentioned before there is a waterpark at the Caretta Beach complex this also has trampolines, karting and small kids rides. There is also a crazy golf course off the main strip.

We found a nice bar called the Red Tail which is just down a side street turn at Buon Amicis and it was very friendly and has a small play area. Costas Pool Bar off the main strip has a inside play area and trampoline (just in case you have a rainy/overcast day) obviously hope not but we had one last year and this place was great for a hour or so for our son to have a play while we had a coffee.

Hoping to call in to Oceanic this time having read all the great comments on here, we didn't manage to discover it last time. Getting excited now only 11 and a bit weeks to go. Hope you have a fab time. :-)

Thirsk
reviews: 22
9. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

I have been to Kalamaki for the last 2 summers, in fact it is the only resort I have returned to. I would recommend Ambrosia as my favourite Greek restaurant. The Italian, Buon Amici, is also excellent (it's nice to have a change from the Greek food). Avoid Pandesia and Fanari. Favourite drinking holes: Drunk Corner (Michael is the best waiter in the world) and Oasis. Best cocktail: Red Devil at Oasis. The beach in Kalamaki is excellent, but also take a day trip to Alykes for another ace beach. You'll have a great time.

10. Re: amaryllis kalamaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations