We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
reviews: 13
thomas cook

Just heard Thomas Cook are closing lots of their travel agents, and cut down their fleet of planes! is anyone else worried about their flights with them this year? (we are!)

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: thomas cook

Saw this before too, don't know I wasn't worried before but other people seem to be getting worried. I knew when I booked with them that they weren't in the best state finically, I just hope this doesn't affect already booked holidays.

reviews: 3
2. Re: thomas cook

They got rid of their planes last year and I carnt see them getting rid of anymore. They have to many shops as most of the Coop and all going places shops are run by T/C , they have 3 shops in Bury near me so I should think they would get rid of 2 , I know some staff work between 2 of these.

A lot of people book online with them so less need for so many outlets.

reviews: 16
3. Re: thomas cook

as already stated they sold the excess aircraft last year and closed several branches and sold some of the hotels they owned. .The man in charge of balancing the books has said there are nore savings to be made by closing more branches. Its nothing for us to worry about...They are trying to sort things out which must be so difficult in this climate.

according to some sources bookings are stronger than this time last year so maybe things are on the change.

Edited: 2:34 am, March 07, 2013
4. Re: thomas cook

Shops may be shutting and in the current tourism climate anythings possible i just remember back to the XL airways disaster years ago and one or two others.The thing is Tommy Cooks owe milions to the bank which was borrowed by the previous C.E.'s and the new owners are trying to pay off the debt but are struggling as tourism is so bad.Don't want to worry anyone but i personally have no faith in any of these companys Thomsons included.There are a lot of people booking independantly using budget airlines and dealing with hotelliers direct and getting cheaper holidays which adds to the tour operators hardship so i wouldn't be surprised to see them going under this summer hope not but you just never know. :-(

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 14
5. Re: thomas cook

Hi Habmogul....As previous posters have said TC have already sold their excess aircraft last year...TC also has online booking facilties, so it would seem logical that they are now closing some more high street offices for admin saving and overhead costs purposes, (but very sad for staff though).

There is nothing wrong with Thomsons....

Fi

Widnes, United...
reviews: 18
6. Re: thomas cook

I would dispute the argument that it is cheaper booking flights and accommodation independantly, we tried that route for this summer and couldn't get anywhere near the prices being offered by the TO's.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189462-i544-k62…

bristol uk
reviews: 7
7. Re: thomas cook

I booked through directline Holidays and my flights are thomas cook airways in August , not worried though Thomas cook are doing away with some shops to save money as more and more people book online these days it just makes good business sense to save some money and pay off some debts. . Any holidays booked already should be atol and abta protected anyway .

8. Re: thomas cook

Theres no argument about wether its cheaper to book independantly Dr cheesy it doesn't always work for example during school holidays etc.but if you are willing to be a little less fussy and more flexable a lot of friends of mine have bagged brilliant bargains this year booking everything D.I.Y. so it does work.As for Thomsons we priced a holiday up last year with them and then nipped across town to the coop travel and asked for the price of the same holiday ,same flights,hotel etc. and Thomsons were a hundred pound dearer but it is the same company when i challenged the agent she just smiled and shrugged her shoulders so thats why i have no faith in any travel agents in the current holiday climate.....more and more people are booking independantly bcos they could save a lot of money.....i would reccomend it to anybody. :-)

Widnes, United...
reviews: 18
9. Re: thomas cook

I'll take your word for it, our problem is we have no option but to go peak season so bargain prices appear to be very few and far between.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 38
10. Re: thomas cook

I would'nt worry too much, Holidays booked through travel agents are protected by ATOL so if for any reason your holiday in cancelled for any reason you'd get your money back.

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki