We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merelen, kalamaki

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Merelen, kalamaki

We are looking to book for august next year, our kids like water slides, is there waterparks close enough to the merelen ?

We are pleased the merelen has the splash pool but do like to also get out for the day, however, do not want to travel for a long period if time.

Thanks in advance

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
reviews: 130
1. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

There is a water park in the resort at caretta beach which is payable for non residents or another a bit further out which you can get to by trip , car or taxi.

http://www.carettabeach.com/waterpark.php

http://www.zantewatervillage.gr/

2. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

How far is this from merelen? is it within walking distance. Would u say that the resort of kalamaki is ok for young children, is the merelen good for young children also ?

Thank you

reviews: 16
3. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

Hello. You can walk to carretta beach but this year we found quite often they had one or two waterslides shut and i felt it wasnt worth the money. You can get to zante water village via taxi (taxi rank outside marelen) its not far and great fun!

We didnt stay at marelen this year but spend a few days there. It is a great hotel and really geared up for families. Loads to do and splash pool is great.

Kalamaki is great for families / young kids. My 3 loved it. All restaurants cater for families and it is just such a great place to stay.

Book it. You will not be dissapointed! ;)

4. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

Any idea how much to get into the waterparks?

Is food reasonable in the kalamaki area?

scotland
reviews: 5
5. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

i think we paid 17 euros from the waterpark back to kalamaki takes about 15 minutes in a taxi,its a good day out!!

scotland
reviews: 5
6. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

im sure it was around 12 euros to get in to the water parki cant remember exactly,we were surprised at how cheap it was to eat out in kalamaki and the food was all of a good standard there is some really good places to eat. at some places if you choose of the set menu you can get a three course meal for around 12-15 euros!

7. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

In your opinion which water park is better. Is the merelen three floors high? I hate the thought of being on the 9th floor if a hotel facing the car park. Usually we stay at villas to ensure this never happens, however, our children are that bit older now and are very sociable with others, this is the main reason we have chosen a hotel this year. We have read in the Thomas cook brochure about the kids club, it looks pretty good to me. Can anyone advise what kind of night time entertainment the put on in the merelen. Our kids love to get on stage and have a dance and disco.

reviews: 16
8. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

Hiya.

Yes its three storey buildings but i have no doubt if you emailed the hotel they will do their best to accomodate u where you wanted.

Food choice is great in Kalamaki. Very very reasonable for us (2ad and 3kids) three courses and two drinks was approx 50 euros. Most places offer free desert or starter if you eat b4 8.

Evening entertainment is great at marelen - kids disco every night and show / music most nights. Marelen offers good evening meals.

Kids club looked great and my kids cant wait, at the splash pool there are loungers and a bar. Park is good and lots of wheeled toys to ride around splash pool area. It is all fenced in and gated so kids are safe.

Its a great place.

Water village is definately better in my oppinion.

Edited: 4:35 pm, November 11, 2012
9. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

Thank you very much for your help. I am looking to book this week for august next year. What time of year were u in kalmaki? I wondered how busy the resort/ hotel pool actually gets.

With regards to emailing about specific accommodation, would you say that there is a bad area of the merelen? As in near a road/carpark?

10. Re: Merelen, kalamaki

I have been looking at booking today, you can upgrade at a cost of £308 for two weeks for two adults and two children. Would this be good value? What is the food like in the merelen for evening meals assuming ghat half board is breakfast and evening meal?

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki