We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Maroma - Pricing?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Riviera Maya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Secrets Maroma - Pricing?

Hi TripAdvisor,

We're planning our first trip to Secrets Maroma for the last week of November. We previously were at Secrets Vallarta Bay, and have been dreaming of visiting Secrets Maroma ever since.

In searching for packages from nearly every travel site we can think of, prices seem to be hovering around the $3000/USD mark, per person, of which we'd have 3. These include direct flights from Canada. This does not include roundtrip airport transfer (around $50 USD pp) or trip insurance of any kind (at least another $150/pp). So we're almost in the ballpark of $10,000...

We are looking to book sooner than later, as a direct flight is a requirement (medical reasons - layovers would likely prove too difficult).

As this is our first time to the area, can you give us any thoughts on these prices? Are these realistic for this resort, in this region, this time of year? The flights appear to be only a fraction of the cost - the majority is the resort itself. Can we expect this price to change much, or is what we see, likely what it'd be, whether we book now or two months from now?

We would normally look to book sooner or 'last-minute', but again, with the direct flight requirement, we're hesitant to miss out on the once-per-week Cancun flight that's offered.

We were originally looking at Secrets Silversands, but after also looking at Secrets The Vine, we decided we'd prefer a more spread out resort (Secrets Silversands) with nicer beach and water (Secrets The Vine), leaving us with Secrets Maroma.

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Seattle
reviews: 2
1. Re: Secrets Maroma - Pricing?

We are staying at the Secrets Maroma the end of Nov. It is a very expensive resort. Here is what we did. I contacted their Vacation Club (Unlimited Vacation Club) and booked through them for two of us it was $279 per night ( that is a total for two people NOT each) the current cost online for that is over $600 per night. The catch is we have to give a few hours to listen to the vacation club presentation on site. I realise this is likely a hard sell and I know what to expect going in. However for a 60% cost reduction i will give a few hours of vacation time to listen to their presentation. (and yes I have read the UVC threads on TA).

We are staying 3 weeks in the RM this is just one of 3 destinations for us, so value is important.

We always book our flights seperately, often with miles. We also NEVER book round trip we always book each leg as one way seperately. More choices and better prices

Edited: 5:48 pm, August 16, 2014
Tulsa, OK
reviews: 1
2. Re: Secrets Maroma - Pricing?

Hi, that seems a little high to me. But ive never priced airfare from canada either. We went last October and it was $3100 total for my husband and I in a swim out suite. That was out of Oklahoma though to Cancun. That price included airfare and trip insurance. We booked through Cheaptickets.com

I'm not sure how many rooms you are needing since you said 3 people. Are you needing a room for each person separately or at you wanting to share one room? Or at least two people in one room and then an additional room for the other person?

I just checked Cheaptickets.com and for a Junior Suite partial ocean view for two people in one room all inclusive is $3487 for the last week of November 23-30 (7 nights). That does not include airfare which would have to be booked separately for each person. That price would be total for two people in one room. They have a promo code Sweet16 right now I used to get that price that saved 16%.

As far as the round trip transfers to and from the airport/hotel we always book that separately because its cheaper through Canadatransfers.com. From Cancun airport to Secrets Maroma for 3 people in a private van is only $75 plus tip round trip. That is total price NOT per person.

Hope this info helps you.

Edited: 10:29 pm, August 16, 2014
Reply to: Secrets Maroma - Pricing?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted