We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great beach and great for teens?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Riviera Maya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Great beach and great for teens?

I need an all inclusive with a great beach and lots to keep teens busy. I will be taking 3 teenage girls. So I am staying away from cancun and just want an all inclusive. Also I will take them to anything you might suggest off site for fun.

9 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
1. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

Palladium is a great large resort as is Barcelo. Large multi part resorts , great beaches

Both are between Akumal and Puerto Aventuras , have great beaches, close to many close by places

Barcelo is next door to 3 small cenotes

Check out the 2nd top question (Must see and do activities -...)

Seattle
reviews: 2
2. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

Barcelo is the most teen friendly resort in the area, best beach with water toys. Located in a private bay deep white sand beach also with protected snorkleing area. Teen disco, teen activities. Huge pools, and cenotes withing walking distance. Located between Akumal (swim with the Turtles) and Puerto Adventuras.

new jersey
3. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

Thanks I will start researching it. Can you suggest any day trips . We went to Mexico 3 yrs ago went to xel-ha . We loved it..

Seattle
reviews: 2
4. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

Our teens loved Coba Ruins because you can climb the large Pyramid. Also Gran Cenote in Tulum

Charleston, South...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

I have been to the Grand Palladium many times with teens/young adults. Four resorts plus a fifth adults only area. Guests at the four resorts can use all amenities at all four including a long varied beachfront with tons of shade, soft white sand, areas for snorkeling and a salt water pool. Unlimited a la carts at nine restaurants.There is a teen club that offers many teen activities as well as an active entertainment staff that offer many activities for teens. Four beach bars, two offer food 24/7 which is popular with teens as well as a disco and sports bar. Palladium is very well located so close to Tulum, AKumal, Playa del Carmen. Also close to Xel Ha, Xcaret, Xplor.

Note the Palladium discourages unsupervised teens as you will find in Cancun and at some other resorts.

Many choices of accommodations.

new jersey
6. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

Thanks I am looking into that resort now .

Charleston, South...
7. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

Lots of shade on Palladium beach

.http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q727/anneoncapecod/Cape%20Cod%20Anne%20-%20February%202012/Beach_zps6dd08267.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSCF1522.jpg

Edited: 10:07 pm, August 16, 2014
Charleston, South...
8. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

Sorry don't know why that pic didn't post easily. Palladium has tons of shade. Some resorts do not.

…photobucket.com/albums/q727/anneoncapecod/C…

Edited: 10:11 pm, August 16, 2014
Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 5
9. Re: Great beach and great for teens?

I highly recommend the Barceló for both kids and teens.

There's so much for them to do and Barceló def. has the best beaches (2km) for swimming, snorkeling and water toys. It's paradise.

We are heading back for the 7th time with our tween and another family with 2 teens. They have all been to Barcelo before and are not interested in trying anywhere else!

Reply to: Great beach and great for teens?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted