We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October weather in Riviera Maya

Which Riviera Maya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
October weather in Riviera Maya

Hello, my fiancé and I are planning on going to our honeymoon in Riviera Maya on October 15-25.

Has anyone ever been there during this time? How is the weather like?

Thank you!

North Yorkshire
reviews: 3
1. Re: October weather in Riviera Maya

Hello! I'm also interested in the answer to this question as we're hoping to fly out 26th October! xx

SK
reviews: 21
2. Re: October weather in Riviera Maya

I will be in the MR during mid October for the third year in a row. From the past two years experience, expect hot and very humid weather with occasional daily showers. Now that's not to say it's going to rain every day, but it seems the clouds build up on the ocean during the morning, and at some point move inland at a high rate of speed. We've sat at the beach and watched a shower move in a mile down the coast and stayed sunny and dry. Other times it moves over top of you, but always very brief showers. In over 30 days of visiting at this time, I've only had one full day wiped out due to weather and that's because a tropical depression settled over the region.

Overall, it's one of my favorite times to visit because it is not overcrowded and you get great deals. Remember though that it is still technically hurricane season so spend the little bit to get insurance in case your trip is interrupted or cancelled. Hope this helps.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: October weather in Riviera Maya

You will likely have short intense rain storms then lots of sun

Bring a waterproof poncho in case you get caught in it

Had a few last 30-60 minutes

Watch the Hurricane tracking sites for possible storms - weather stations are useless

New York City, New...
reviews: 3
4. Re: October weather in Riviera Maya

We spent a week at the Royal Hideaway Playacar last October. Everyday was beautiful. Hot and sunny with a slight breeze. It didn't even sprinkle the whole week.

Marion, North...
reviews: 30
5. Re: October weather in Riviera Maya

We're planning to visit in October ourselves for our 35th wedding anniversary! Hoping the weather is beautiful too :-)

6. Re: October weather in Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 09, 2014