We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for family trip in April

Nashville...
Suggestions for family trip in April

I would like to take a couple of days to drive down to the coast for a mini vacation with my 12 and 6 year old. I've looked at some of the alk unclusive islands, but I'm not sure if my 6 yr old could handle "relaxing". I would love to stay at the Greyfield Inn!

Are there any low key places with easy beach access, restaurants, shopping, museums, etc.? I'm not really looking for a touristy Panama City kind of place.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
reviews: 69
1. Re: Suggestions for family trip in April

Jekyll Island.

Saint Simons...
reviews: 43
2. Re: Suggestions for family trip in April

I agree with onemoreroad. Jekyll Island may be a good choice. April is a little early for the ocean to be warm enough for swimming, but the beach will be fun. Also your kids would like the Turtle center and the Lady Jane Shrimp Boat cruise. There are also plenty of shopping and restaurants in nearby St. Simons Island.

Edited: 9:49 pm, January 19, 2013
Nashville...
3. Re: Suggestions for family trip in April

Thanks =)

4. Re: Suggestions for family trip in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, February 08, 2014