We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

three generations

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
reviews: 22
three generations

We wish to visit Santorini next summer, and I could do with a little advice please. Our party consist of my mother (73), myself (49) and my daughter (17). We are restricted to school holidays therefore are thinking of early August, and are looking at the hotels offered by Thomson. We want somewhere quiet and comfortable (stylish even!) where my mother can relax, but also with a good pool that isn't too quiet for my daughter! Lots of the hotels seem to cater for couples. We aren't seeking a romantic ambience, but aren't looking for too much action either. So far, I've picked out 28 and Santellini. I should add that we would rather have a triple room. Any suggestions?

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
reviews: 21
1. Re: three generations

I'm not a Kamari expert - I prefer Perissa - but from what I've read on this forum, both of those hotels have consistently good reviews and are often recommended. I assume that you've already checked out TA for any reviews?

As far as the 'couples' thing goes, Kamari (and Perissa) are targetted mainly as UK (and European) family holiday destinations, not specifically at couples (you'd be looking at Fira and Oia for that, blissed-out and loved-up just-marrieds and honeymooners) so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

As you're going in August, the place will be buzzing and you daughter will have no lack of opportunity of making new friends.

Check out the rest of the Kamari forum for similar posts regarding hotels, read the reviews and if you have any specific questions, try sending a PM to the reviewer.

Thomson will be able to advise you of any triple room availability when you book, but from my experience, most hotels will have this option available.

Martin

Wales
reviews: 22
2. Re: three generations

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and reassurance.

3. Re: three generations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations