We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamari Advise Please .....

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Kamari Advise Please .....

Hi,

My partner and I are going to Santorini - Kamari - next Tuesday for a two week holiday staying in the Tamarix Del Mar hotel.

I just wanted some advise on the best restaurants and bars in the area .... and an idea on prices of food / drink.

In addition if anyone can give any ideas of the best things to do while on holiday there.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks for all your help.

James

Ljubljana
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
reviews: 112
1. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

Kamari has a very long pedestrian zone with hundreds of nice tavernas and bars. A typical dinner for two (Greek salad, 2 main dishes, 2 glasses of wine) costs about 25 EUR. Drinks can be more expensive. I've been staying at Kamari for the last 10 years and I like it a lot. There's also a surprisingly good Thai/Chinese restaurant called Kiwi in the street parallel to the pedestrian zone. The food is a bit more expensive.

Do not miss Ancient Thera above Kamari (beware that it is closed on some days and that it closes early). Also, see the archaeological museum in Fira.

Birkenhead, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

I would second MarjanJerman on the visit to Ancient Thera.

You'll have lots of choice in terms of places to eat in Kamarii. While we were there, we ate in four different places, and all were good quality and good value. I've posted a review for taverna Sellada (excellent) but another place worth noting was the Seaside (not to be confused with the Sea View), and this was equally good.

If you are a wine lover, try the Glaros Hotel restaurant. The staff there are quite knowledgable about Greek wines, and can suggest a wide range to accompany your meal. The Glaros, like the Sellada, is situated away from the sea front (and hence the crowds).

There are two or three bars on the sea front that have regular live music - the best advice is just to wander along until you find somewhere that looks (and sounds!) comfortable.

Enjoy your stay!

newcastle -upon-tyne
3. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

your hotel is just few minutes away from the start of the road up to ancient Thera. hire a car for at least a day although the bus service is regular and cheap. go to Fira,Oia visit the lighthouse go Santo Winery. Pygros is lovely go up to the old church and walk a little further where there is a viewing platform with stunning views of the island. go up the road from Pygros to where the airforce radar station is situated, the view up there is amazing.do a sunset cruise there are many on offer but ask your rep if you are thru a tour operator . enjoy the island you will love it.

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

Hi :)

I recommend the Seaside. Almeria, yammas, the love boat, and the spring

I would go to Fira and Oia as they are what you see on all the photos. Have a trip to Pyrgos and have a stroll around. Also take a trip to Ammoudi

New Jersey
reviews: 8
5. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

I like some of the same, Almari, The Spring, Seaside, Oxygen Lounge. The Boat House.

newcastle -upon-tyne
6. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

all of the tavernas that INXS2 and my daughter have mentioned are the opposite end to where you are staying...........but well worth the stroll to get there. near you there is Alexanders which gets good reviews on here.i'm sure someone will mention a few near to your location

england
reviews: 3
7. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

hi plenty of choice to eat with a good range of prices.a trip to fira or oia is good either to shop or for the sunset,just alow for fact that drinks etc cost more that side of island.stunning views though.

Phuket, Thailand
reviews: 5
8. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

Goodmorning

There are several restaurant in the road of Tamarix but really be careful and check some review in tripadvisor about them!!

Most popular are Almira,Sea Side (front beach),Kiwi,Just4, somewhere in the middle of Kamari, and close to you there is Andreas Taverna that is a small family taverna.

On bars Love boat is the most famous for English tourist.

Opposite your hotel there is a small hotel calls Narkissos and its nice for your internet and for a quiet drink before you go sleep.

Just check menus and reviews and i hope you will have a nice time,be careful of the frozen fishes in very high prices...

Have fun

Dino

glasgow, scotland
reviews: 8
9. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

Hi,

As Dinomania says, there are a few restaurants around your hotel. Two of our favourites were Byzantio and Mamma Mia's. Lovely food and lovely people. As you come out your hotel, they're on the left, on the road to the beach. Check the reviews.

Sky lounge at the bottom of the road on the seafront was nice for drinks before or after dinner.

jackie

Varna, Bulgaria
reviews: 39
10. Re: Kamari Advise Please .....

Hi, We have just arrived home after a fabulous holiday in Kamari Greece.

The best restaurant is the Almira it is at the beginning of the strip and it is Managed by Christos who has fantastic attention to detail the food is to die for and the prices vary for lunch we had Greek salads or chicken salad at 5 Euro and lovley pastas for dinner at 7-8 Euro meat dishes being the most expensive at 10-12 Euro.The Kleftico and Souvlakas were fabulous. Try a chicken Gyros for lunch if you like doner you will like these and they are take a way meals for 2.50 Euro with some fries. Best things to do Sunset cruise, Hire a car the Island is beautiful especially the views from up high. A trip into Thira on the bus is a laugh and fun too it is very busy at the moment. We loved every moment of our trip.The Wedding reception was fantastic that Christos put on for our son top marks to Almira. Enjoy your trip. Sue

Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations