We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just deciding where to stay

Which Cala'n Bosch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
reviews: 33
Just deciding where to stay

Hi All

Pretty much decided to go to Cala'n Bosch this summer (were thinking about Santa Tomas but decided if everything there is more expensive it's a better bet to go to Cala'n Bosch).

The Holiday Village is pretty much out of our price range as my wife has only just gone back to work post maternity leave (our son will be 18 months for the holiday) so I'm thinking of SC at the Paradise Club as we can get an apartment and have a bit more room than say a double at Princess Playa.

Are there any other recommendations or is Paradise Club the best bet for us two and the little one?

Thanks

manchester
reviews: 9
1. Re: Just deciding where to stay

hi gregj.

you want go far wrong picking calan bosch with your familly.

in my opinion, also to go SC would be a good choice for you all, eat when you want taking into account of the age of the little one ,and i can assure you its not that expentive if you choose the wright options.

you may have a light lunch and an evening meal ,menu del dia, a three course meal at a very good price and quility and very accomadating for the little one.

paradice club very good location, just two mins from the marina and five mins from the beach.

i have not stayed in the apartments but been in for a drink last year very nice indeed and looked great for children.

any more info on resort i would be happy to help.

regards steve.

kent
2. Re: Just deciding where to stay

Hi is it a hotel package deal that is driving your location choice? Just that Sant tomas and cala en Bosch are kind of at opposite ends of resort types. If you were drawn to ST as a resort CB might not be what you are looking for. Would help with giving advice. I always think under 5's are easily pleased hence what type of place do you like?

Edited: 12:42 pm, January 30, 2013
Liverpool, United...
3. Re: Just deciding where to stay

With ST I was drawn towards the Mestral and Leiberg apartments that look really nice but I just think CB would give us more to do without always having to go out in the car. We like to be able to go out for a wander as well as relax by the pool, we're most likely going to hire a car so that gives us some freedom too.

CB has been recommended to me by a couple of people so I'm happy that it's a good place to go, was just checking on thoughts on where to stay more than anything.

kent
4. Re: Just deciding where to stay

Hi, I don't stay in CB myself but have been there often enough to visit people. Just to say that Paradise is across the road from a commercial area which has an open air music square-not sure about noise.

You could also look in Son Xoriguer ( hotels often listed as Cala en Bosch ) which is still closer to Marina but quieter. There are probably more hotels shown in booking.com Either way you can see the locations of all the hotels.

manchester
5. Re: Just deciding where to stay

hi greg,

have you looked at cosmos hoilidays for calan bosch, they are doing good deals, and good flight times,

are you flying from john lenon or manchester, flights to mahon from manchester on fridays 06:00 and 09:00 and return in the afternoon this might be good with the little one.

we have booked with them this year and got a really good deal but to forcat not calan bosch.

regards steve.

Liverpool, United...
6. Re: Just deciding where to stay

Thanks for the tip on Cosmos - we're actually going to be flying from down South, going to a wedding and my family are down there so seems easier.

PS - good advice, shame about the pic :-)

Birmingham
reviews: 5
7. Re: Just deciding where to stay

Stayed at the Paradise Club in August 2008, and just wanted to add to what Sandstroller has said about location. We found the location ideal, the open air music square could not be heard from the apartments...when we were there, there were 2 male singers each night on the bandstand which the young children loved as they get up onto the little stage and have a dance. Perhaps someone who has been more recently can confirm if they are still going? However, the entertainment from the Paradise Club itself was rather loud and could be heard from the room, but this finished around 11/12 ish. After that time it was very quiet. One thing I would say about the apartments which has put me off going back is that the pool area gets extremely crowded and cramped,with sunbeds very close together, however, we did stay during peak time so might not be the case throughout the season. Other apartments I would suggest you look at are Casas del Lago, which are in a good location between the marina and beach.

manchester
8. Re: Just deciding where to stay

nice one greg, ha ha.

but do indeed look at calan bosch it could be perfect for your familly.

have a great time where ever you go. it is a lovely island.

steve.

9. Re: Just deciding where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch