We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark Tank

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rock Falls, Illinois
reviews: 1
Shark Tank

Next week we will be going back to the RDC in Bucerias.

Is the shark tank at the airport still the same or do they have some "new clever tricks" we should be made aware of? Someone said they are far more aggressive now. In the past, we usually just keep walking and ignore them and have had no problem.

15 replies to this topic
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
reviews: 62
1. Re: Shark Tank

Just the same.. keep walking till you see the Light of Day.. LoL. They try everything. smart..see your tag on luggage and Yell, that they are with Airlines.. Yell you have to Stop and register , etc. etc...

Puerto Vallarta
2. Re: Shark Tank

Yup. Keep going all the way through, The stop for a nice cold Margarita before you leave, just to kinda wind down a little bit

enjoy your vacation

Bruce

BC
reviews: 3
3. Re: Shark Tank

I agree just keep moving until you get to your taxi or ride. The only problem we have had in the past 6 years is when I was not looking and my husband got sucked in. Just keep walking and everthing will be fine. We never have had anyone being aggressive to us.....

Rock Falls, Illinois
reviews: 1
4. Re: Shark Tank

Thanks for the info! It is nice to know that not much has changed. Just thought I had better check before arriving on Saturday. One never knows what those guys have up their sleeves. LOL

Bucerias, Mexico
reviews: 7
5. Re: Shark Tank

They are more a little more zealous this time of year. Fewer potential victims. A few clients have told me that they are using the old befuddle the couple routine and pretending that they need to see your reservations and stamped visitor card. The airport remodeling job they did for the sharks benefit makes it more difficult for people who are actually waiting for their clients or friends to see the arriving visitors( so they can gesture or wave to warn them).. Basically its the old misinformation and impersonation service they have always provided "almost free".

TA contributors have done a lot to make their job even more difficult over the years. Kudos!Just keep walking

Edited: 8:14 am, July 28, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 25
6. Re: Shark Tank

In all my years of travelling down to Mexico I think I've heard almost every pitch and BS story that they can come up with. You never know though. Some of these sharks have pretty good imaginations. I'm an old navy guy so I know how to get through the crowds.

Once we clear customs and have all our luggage, I get a porter to handle the luggage, then I tell my wife and who is ever with us to "Get on my backside and stay on my backside" and she's an expert at that. Then I head for the entrance and I stop for no one.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
reviews: 2
7. Re: Shark Tank

I may be booed off this forum, but I just have to say...be kind. I too blow them off, but I do it nicely. They are working just like the rest of us. It's easy to push them away with a smile and a "no gracias." Just don't slow down...look straight ahead and then make eye contact when you need to so you can say no. But don't smile too big. Look confident and act like you know what you're doing and you will be fine. Remember, you are headed to paradise. Don't start it angry or bothered. Rita

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
reviews: 78
8. Re: Shark Tank

Rita, that is a very nice response. I have to remind myself at times to be more polite to the timeshare people, vendors, and others.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
reviews: 62
9. Re: Shark Tank

I agree ..Rita.. No need to be Rude.. just avoid eye contact., keep saying No gracias and keep walking FAST.. lol

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 25
10. Re: Shark Tank

Rita, I agree and I try to be as polite as I can but I've just spent several hours on a cramped airplane and have just finished running the gauntlet in Mexican Customs. What I want now is to get to my hotel shuttle or cab and be on my way to my vacation place, not a time share presentation.

If a simple "no gracias" was all it took to deter them I'm sure it would be a much pleasenter experience. The problem is that some of them don't or won't accept no gracias for an answer. They then resort to lies and deception to make their play.

Now I'm a seasoned traveller and I've heard and seen it all. But what about the young couples on their first Mexican vacation. They get caught up in the melee and in many cases they get sucked into beleiving what these people are telling them. They then end up spending part of their hard earned vacation fending off the high pressure sales tactics of the sales people. This is no way to attract tourists and increase tourism.

Edited: 11:25 am, August 04, 2013
Reply to: Shark Tank
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias