We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Alcohol.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon Coast, Oregon
reviews: 42
Royal Decameron Alcohol.

I've read in a few places that the RDC only serves "cheap alcohol." We are not alcohol snobs (just wine snobs and don't drink it in Mexico). I was curious just what brands of alcohol are served in the bars. Will they pour extra shots to "supplement" your drink? Do they serve Mezcal? What brands of beer are served?

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

They have Sol beer on tap.And Indio in the lounge and some bars.We dont drink alot of spirits but buy our wine and tequilla at Betos up the road. its priced well too.

Comox, Canada
reviews: 229
2. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

I am not sure about cheap certainly the wine is not great. If it is really important you can get the liquor offsite. To me tequila is tequila and I am sure if you tip your bartender and befriend same you might get it a bit stronger

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 24
3. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

was never an issue on our drinks...if we wanted stronger they looked after us...sometimes there was next to zero mic...in a gin and 7...was near all gin... I am a beer drinker mostly...but have the whipped up drinks...

margarita's .. banana monkey...those style of drinks hard to tell the difference after a dozen (haha)

but the wine...mmmmmmmm... no.. buy it somewhere if you need...Betos is close by and good pricing

Oregon Coast, Oregon
4. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

Yes, we just don't do the wine in Mexico. They have access to some fine wines, particularly from South America. But you can't count on the distribution pipeline to take care of them. They allow too much temperature variation with some too hot spikes. And the same on the retailers shelves. We have had some good ones in the better restaurants, but it is just not worth the risk. We're fine with beer and mixed drinks in Mexico. They do those as well as anyone.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
reviews: 43
5. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

Cactus 52

I beg to differ but "tequilla is tequilla" is not true. You want one that says 100% blus agave on the label. Otherwise it has a lot of sugar and caramel collring added to speed up the distilling and to give it a brown hue. It's that other "stuff" that gives you the hangover in the morning.

At a bar at a Mexican resort one time when some young gringos come up and asked for tequilla shots. THe bartender started pouring a fair grade tequilla for them. One of them stopped him and said "Give us the good stuff, we want Jose Cuervo". The bartender was facing me and away from them and I saw him snicker as they spoke. He poured them the Jose and after they left he told me a story. His family owns a farm and his father buys Jose all the time. They keep their firewood outside and when it is wet, he uses the Jose as a firestarter. A get a grin everytime that I see a college age kid ordering Jose.

Also a good tequilla is for sipping and not for shooters.

Edited: 6:09 pm, April 27, 2013
BC, Canada
reviews: 22
6. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

We found the bartenders we went to often and tipped, made us good strong drinks, sometimes mostly liq and hardly many mix, when in doubt though you can always ask for a double!!

Surrey, Canada
7. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

Good one senorBobo nothing but 100% Agave.!!!For us

Port Alberni B.C
8. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

the beer now is dos equis on tap,a light and a dark,it used to be sol.the liquor is just fine in a drink and they will put more in if you ask.But we have never had a problem with weak drinks,probably more the opposite.haha

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 5
9. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

I'm a bartender and I can tell you that the liquor served at RDC is all inexpensive domestically made brands. The bartenders will give you what you ask for....with a smile. I'm not sure if I could do what they do and I have been working bars for almost 40 years!! They are amazing. Unfortunately for rye drinkers, rye is not available. If you like rye bring your own and they will keep it for you behind the bar and pour it for you. If you have duty free on your flight, buy it there. I too snicker when people ask for Cuervo Gold!!

Oregon Coast, Oregon
10. Re: Royal Decameron Alcohol.

No one has yet commented on the "mezcal" question. I have grown to prefer mezcal to tequila. Although they are both made from aquave cactus, mezcal is not made from the blue aquave. It has a deep, smokey flavor, which we prefer to tequila. And by the way, it is not cheap! At the low end (usually the one with the worm in the bottle) in our area it is as much as the lower cost tequilas and runs up to well over $100 per bottle. We have been able to get it at all other all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, so it will be a major data point for us at the RDC.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias