We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brantford, Canada
reviews: 6
Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

We wondered whether people visiting Mexico feel safe wearing their wedding bands, etc. or do you leave your good jewellery home?

Bradford, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

I felt safe wearing my good jewellery while i was there. Didn't hear about any incidents concerning jewellery while we were there either.

Just make sure you have a safety deposite box, if you don't want to wear your jewellery all the time, just to be on the safe side

Brantford, Canada
2. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

Thanks.....I really don't like taking off my wedding rings....feels weird...haha

Charlottetown...
reviews: 33
3. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

I always wear my wedding rings but I never take my 'best/favourite jewelry' or any sentimental jewelry. Not worth the worry. I wear lots of fake bling though! After all, a woman must sparkle.

Brantford, Canada
4. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

My husband bought me fake earrings and necklace which look real and are huge!!!

I told him that they would probably get me into more trouble than my real jewellery. :)

Calgary AB
reviews: 95
5. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

We leave our wedding rings at home and put on our Mr and Mrs Smith silver bands we bought in Mexico. If they come off on the beach or in the water it is only $10.00 and not our more meaningful and valuable originals.

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 129
6. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

J&W ... I think that's a great idea. We met a young, newly-married couple while at the Royal de Cameron a few years ago -- they were frantically looking for her lost wedding ring!! A very unsettling time for the two of them, to say the least.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
7. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

I have been to various resorts and cities in Mexico over 25 times and have never felt unsafe. As you can see from the above replies, your greatest risk to your jewelry is if it falls off in the water. The only reason not to bring it, is it gives you an excuse to shop for new jewelry while you are there!

Brantford, Canada
8. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I think I'll take the advice of some....leave the good, sentimental jewellery at home and shop for 'holiday' jewellery!!!

Wisconsin
reviews: 23
9. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

I bought from qvc(cheap fakes) a few years ago, nice looking get lot of compliments on the items and i wear only for travel, leaving my good real diamonds at home, why take the chance of having them lost or stolen, I'd like to hand them down to my kids some day.

kansas city mo
reviews: 1
10. Re: Wearing good jewellery while in Mexico

I always leave my rocks at home. I do take some fun silver rings to wear while in Mexico. I did lose one last year in the ocean, no tears. If anyone is on Playa Norte on Isla please be on the lookout!

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias