We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

Which Parrot Cay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central NJ
reviews: 23
Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

Hello-

My husband and I are planning a trip to Parrot Cay in late Feb 2012. Either 3 or 4 nights (we are going to spend the remainder of the week on Provo...grace bay beach area).

Anyone have any advice on whether I should purchase the Half Board meal plan offered by Parrot Cay (3 course dinner nightly)? I am assuming that I'll be eating at their restaurants regardless, since the island is private and the resort is pretty much all there is... Wondering what the menu is like, how much it would normally be to eat there, and if $96 per person, per day (excluding drinks) is about what we'd have to spend nightly on dinner anyway...any thoughts appreciated.

8 replies to this topic
Vienna,Virginia
reviews: 6
1. Re: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

bonvoyage74 , I sent you a private message

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
2. Re: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

We have stayed on Parrot Cay for three nights three different times (the last being Feb 2011) and I would say you are better off not doing the half board. Since it only covers dinner (a very good breakfast is already included), $96 pp is more than we spent on any dinner (except the Saturday BBQ which is a tremendous buffet), and that would also include a couple of glasses of wine. We would usually split an app or salad, each have an entree, and split a desert.

Have a nice stay! We really enjoy doing the trip breakup of Parrot Cay with other parts of TCI, and will do it again someday.

3. Re: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, November 24, 2011

Central NJ
reviews: 23
4. Re: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

Thanks to you both! Appreciate the advice.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
5. Re: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

Have to agree with joebwan.

Wife and I stayed at Parrot Cay for four nights, and there were a couple of times when all we wanted was something light. It's not so much an issue of convenience (you'll be eating at the same two restaurants regarless) as it is having more flexibility.

Edited: 5:27 pm, November 28, 2011
Boston...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

Hi!

Planning to do my babymoon in parrot cay for 6 nights in june and was also considering the meak plan. We are light eaters so based on the comments it might make sense to not get meal plan. Does anyone know how easy/doable it is to go for dinner outside the hotel? How far is the closests town/restaurant?

Thanks so much!!!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
7. Re: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

Its not easy to do any meals off the resort since it is its own island. You're trapped. : )

I guess you could ask about them taking you to Provo or even the short hop to North Caicos, but I feel sure the logistical challenges and the cost would not be worth it.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
8. Re: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?

Meal plan there always worth it, same food but you paid less by pre-paying

Reply to: Meal Plan at Parrot Cay? Worth it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Parrot Cay
More Parrot Cay Topics