We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

that sweet fragrance of TCI

Toronto
reviews: 5
that sweet fragrance of TCI

So I'm back home, and I'm bummed...

The pile of laundry and suitcases and gear and souvenirs fills the living room floor. But here's the thing. It smells wonderful! There is this wonderful sweet, earthy, oceany, slightly floral, slightly musty smell to everything. When I woke up my son to drag him off to school this morning, this smell was in his hair, too! I exclaimed "You smell like Turks and Caicos!", and buried my nose in his hair, which didn't help motivate him to get back to reality. Sadly, as the laundry gets done, I am losing this olefactory remembrance of Turks and Caicos. I closed up one suitcase and when I unzip it slightly to inhale, ahhhhhhh, there it is. Am I nuts?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
11. Re: that sweet fragrance of TCI

Hexahedron,

I believe the Sibonne has some plants out by the hammock garden and I know that the Sands has, or had a very nice plant at the back building closest to the lobby. The smell was so strong of sweet Jasmine at night.

Toronto
12. Re: that sweet fragrance of TCI

Ok, so you thought I was crazy before... That suitcase I referred to, the one I zipped up in Nov. 08 to preserve the TCI scent. Well, it worked! I finally had to use it on Labour day weekend. That's like 9 months later. When I opened the suitcase up, bam! I was instantly and gloriously transported back to Provo! My son agreed too. We reveled in the scent but it was fleeting. My suitcases badly need a re-charge but it's not going to happen until April '10. I've been staying away from the forum because of that. But now I have hope! Having a soppy, missing-TCI moment here.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
13. Re: that sweet fragrance of TCI

One of my greatest travel moments is the first breath of air getting off the plane in Provo! Something about that moment, kinda like a new car smell, or baby's head smell, you try to duplicate it, but you can't!

Funny you put it under Parrot Cay, If you ever make it there, the entire resort has the most awesome smell to it, I want to package it and bring it back!

Providenciales
reviews: 1
14. Re: that sweet fragrance of TCI

Gracebaygirl - it's that or the trash burning. LOL.

Toronto
15. Re: that sweet fragrance of TCI

Blamona, I don't know how I put this post under Parrot Cay the first time, it was a goof. I don't think a post can be moved from one forum to another. Who knows whether I'll get to {smell} Parrot Cay... I suspect not. It will just be a package deal to Provo this time.

16. Re: that sweet fragrance of TCI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Parrot Cay
More Parrot Cay Topics