We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ogden, Utah, United...
reviews: 5
Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

My son and I are headed to Nosara (Playa Guiones) towards the end of May and are looking for budget options for meals. Bonus points if they serve local food. We have heard that Rosie's Soda is good and inexpensive, but only open for lunch. Any ideas on where to get generous portions inexpensively? Also, what should I expect to spend at these inexpensive places? Thanks!

Oh, I should also add that I've always been a fan of eating food from street vendors while travelling. Is that option available in the area?

Edited: 11:17 pm, May 02, 2013
Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 3
1. Re: Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

Rosie's is good, as you've heard. Also try Beach Dog Cafe at the main entrance to the beach. You can get some inexpensive baked goods at Cafe Paris. If you go into the town of Nosara there are several cheap soda's to eat at that are inexpensive as that is where the locals eat.

Ogden, Utah, United...
2. Re: Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

Any in town that you would recommend over others? That sounds like what I am looking for.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 3
3. Re: Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

Soda Venessa, close to the church.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

If somebody knows the way around NOSARA...is Allylam...GRACIAS!

roadadvisor

Ogden, Utah, United...
5. Re: Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

Thanks for the help!

Willis, TX
6. Re: Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

A little late but make sure to check out Rancho Tico.

That's where the locals go for a nice dinner out. FANTASTIC!

Edited: 8:37 pm, August 11, 2013
Westfield, New...
reviews: 81
7. Re: Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

I liked Rosie's Soda Tico - nice fish casado for less than $6. Rancho Tico in the town of Nosara (which is different from the main strip by Playa Guiones) is a bit more, but large portions and Leo is so nice. I liked Beach Dog Cafe as well. We also bought spicy meat patis from Jefferson for a $1 just off the beach entrance and sometimes tamales from a woman who showed up at the organic farmer's market on Tuesdays (2 for $3 - messy, but filling and delicious). If you have a car, stock up on groceries from the Super Nosara (the big supermarket by the town of Nosara). Sometimes Freddie is out there in the mornings selling empanadas.

If you have a place with a kitchen, we hired someone to come to the house and cook for $5/hr. In a few hours, she prepared several meals with plenty for leftovers and even made empanadas from scratch with the kids.

8. Re: Cheap restaurants in Nosara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 15, 2014