We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel time to nosara

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
travel time to nosara

How long is the drive to nosara area from the nosara airport? We are only in CR a week and I;m desparately trying to plan to see turtle hatchlings as I missed them on my first trip to CR.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
1. Re: travel time to nosara

Uh... did you mean.... how long is the drive to Nosara from the Liberia airport? If that's what you mean, it's around 2.5 hours, more or less.

If that's not what you mean... sorry for answering a question you didn't ask! Lol

If you let us know a bit more about your plans and what you would like to do, we could probably help you a bit more.

Winnipeg, Canada
2. Re: travel time to nosara

My sister and I are spending our first three nights in the La Fortuna area. Our understanding is that we can fly from La fortuna or San jose to Nosara.It would save time flying into the area rather than hiring land transportation.

Costa Rica
3. Re: travel time to nosara

OK - sorry - I did answer a question you didn't ask!

The airport in Nosara is very near the center of town. Take a look here: http://www.nosaramap.com/ For travel time - it would kind of depend on where in the area you are staying. The map will give you a good idea.

From La Fortuna to Nosara is just under 5 hours by land. Not sure how the flights would work out - but check the Nature Air website.

While it's a long drive, it's not really "worthless" time as you will see a lot of the countryside and it's beautiful.

Winnipeg, Canada
4. Re: travel time to nosara

Awesome thank you so much for your help! the maps I was seeing didnt have the airport on them. One Nosara hotel website said it was 3 hours from the nosara airport. Nothing made sense...

You seem to know the area.......What do you think my chances are of seeing baby hatchlings first week of March? Yeh I know the nesting is probably done. Missed out on the hatchlings my first trip to CR 4 years ago, really need to see this.....

Costa Rica
5. Re: travel time to nosara

Well - I would just check with local people when you arrive. They will have the best and most current information.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 81
6. Re: travel time to nosara

Nosara has a small airport, served by twice daily flights each way from Liberia and San Jose airports. The planes are either 12 or 20 seaters depending on demand. We found that the flight times were not convenient for our incoming flights - we would have had to overnight in Liberia. So we opted for the long, rather unpleasant drive (about 2.5 hours) to our rented house on the hills overlooking the beach. The last third of the drive is on very, very poor unpaved roads, with huge amounts of red dust that coats everything - it must ruin car air filters very quickly, and probably our lungs, too. But, we got there, and even though we didn't like the drive, and could have taken the plane, we decided to save the $150 flight for a shared cab for $130.

Washington DC...
reviews: 1
7. Re: travel time to nosara

Re: #6 Above

A good example of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I've made the round trip drive between Nosara and the Liberia airport 16 times in rental cars and enjoy it-even the gravel section.

Of course going from the airport to Nosara is generally more enjoyable because it means my trip is just starting.

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
8. Re: travel time to nosara

Great trip by plane to Nosara, most places to stay are within 30 minutes and less from airport Here is a turtle nesting map of Costa Rica, www.anywherecostarica.com/maps/turtle-nesting

9. Re: travel time to nosara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 25, 2014