We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
reviews: 7
Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

Help me decided between Casa Romantica (room 5, Antigua) or Gilded Iguana (ac room). Cleanliness is very imported (clean no bugs) and nice pool is a good thing too. Have troubled to decided. Traveling with husband.

Edited: 1:02 pm, February 03, 2013
Nosara, Costa Rica
reviews: 19
1. Re: Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

Both options are great places. Casa Romantica is desirable because of it's location directly in front of the beach with its own path. The Gilded is more hip and has a great restaurant and music nights (which end at 10pm so as not to keep people up). You're going to be just fine with either choice of hotel.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

I have a couple of nice drinks not long ago at The Gilded and I was so immpress...great place...

roadadvisor

La Fortuna
reviews: 4
3. Re: Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

Casa Romantica was fine but there are spiders...all over the beaches and they get into your room at night (and I don't mean just one). That freaked me out and I live here and am used to many bugs but spiders in the room really ruined my time there. I haven't been to the Gilded option but I'd say it's got to be better, especially if it's not right on the beach!

Vienna, Austria
4. Re: Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

Spiders on the beach? AND in room? Even in aircon room? What kind of spiders? (That´s freaks me out!)

Nosara, Costa Rica
reviews: 19
5. Re: Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

Wouldn't count on spiders all over any place. Must have been a chance hatching at the time. Bad luck. There bound to be exceptions to everything, but both are typically clean. Gilded is a touch back from the beach if you think that "Beach Spiders" are going to invade your room (never had a problem and I live next to Gilded and Romantica on the same road and distance from the beach).

Washington DC...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

I stayed in an AC room at the Gilded. There were NO bugs - I checked. The whole establishment - rooms, pool, restaurant - were kept well.

I loved having the restaurant right there. It was very convenient. The staff got to know us and we were able to charge drinks/food to our room which made it much easier to be able to eat and go. They will also hold your room key while you're out exploring.

I liked the pool and the tiki bar. The whole place is a popular hangout amongst both tourists and locals. The walk to the beach is not bad, just make sure you wear shoes because the road gets HOT.

Vienna, Austria
7. Re: Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

Thank you all. We have now booked Gilded Iguana AC room and looking forward to go there.

8. Re: Casa Romantica vs Gilded Iguana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 12, 2014