We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Hi all. First post here but I've been reading lots of great advice!

We're currently looking at a couple of small rental homes near Guiones for about a month in March. Priorities would be a reasonably functional kitchen, a quick easy walk to the beach (we'll be surfing every day), and "relative" privacy and quiet. We're actually pretty tolerant sleepers but we're not partiers either and it's nicer to listen to regular town noise rather than a disco next door.

Right now we've more or less narrowed it down to two choices, the Campo Surf and the Chaleki Beach House. The first is apparently somewhere near the Guilded Iguana and is a bit cheaper, and the second is somewhere down by the Harbour Reef.

Anyone have any opinions on either of these? Allylam, I'm hoping you chime in! : )

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Hi Kevin, as you know by now I responded to the private message you sent me, but just so others will know I would choose Chaleki as it's so close to the beach and in a nice quiet location, but still close to the main drag of Guiones. I don't know where Campo Surf is but if it's close to Guilded Iguana it could be a bit noisy.

3 posts
2. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Got your PM Ally. Thanks for being a great resource!

Westfield, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Check out www.namasteoasis.com 5 - 10 minute walk to beach, board rack for your boards, quiet end cul de sac in K section, all new construction and basically perfect. You can call ahead and they stock the fridge before you come down. Saved me a lot of money on dining out and breakfast was great on the deck each morning. Watching the howlers move through the trees.

Nosara, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Campo surf is a great little find very close to the beach. The Gilded Iguana has music on Tuesdays and Fridays and they end at 10pm. The area is not very noisy other than Tuesday. (Friday is usually a mellow set by some local singer). That said, Chaleki is a little nicer house. If you're surfers, I'd hit "Surf".

3 posts
5. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Thanks for the input - already booked! a little local music nearby sounds perfect.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Allylam...is the best...and she knows NOSARA!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
117 reviews
7. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

We rented a lovely house up on the hills in section EE of Nosara. But you will need a car! Walking the incredibly dusty roads for miles in 33 degree celsius heat will do you in! Car rentals are expensive, but a necessity if you aren't close to the beaches.

Level Contributor
3,091 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

Here is a another friend that knows a lot about the area http://www.facebook.com/samara.infocenter

and of course Ally knows the area !!!

Edited: 7:04 am, February 19, 2013
9. Re: Nosara rental homes - opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 21, 2014