We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any leads on hiring transport?

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 2
Any leads on hiring transport?

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has a good suggestion or lead on hiring a driver & van for a day-long excursion. We want to go to Rincon De La Vieja for a day and since it's a 2 hour drive, we would want a driver from 8am to 9pm.

I will ask the owners of the place we are staying as well, I just want to do a little price-shopping first.

Any idea what this would cost?

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for any information!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

You can contact Eco Trans...great vehicle nice people ...and they are in Guanacaste...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
2. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to contact EcoTrans. www.ecotranscostarica.com They more or less "specialize" in the Guanacaste area and are a good company.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 136
3. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

Where are you at, and what are your plans once there? It gets dark at 530pm, I would suggest going at first light if its two hours from where you are. Also, depending where you are, and what you plan to do, you can hire a rental car and drive yourself for about $55 day. Or stay overnight there 1 night, and use the services/guides of a lodge.

New York City
4. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

Thank you! I just put in a request with Eco Trans. We are apprehensive about driving ourselves- none of us have driven internationally and we especially wouldn't want to do it after dark-- and would much prefer to hire a driver.

New York City
5. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

We are staying at Villa Sonita, affiliated with Harbor Reef hotel. I'm going to ask them as well.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
6. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

If the hotel recommends a driver, make sure it is a licensed and insured to carry passengers, professional driver and not just someone's cousin. (Not common, but does happen.)

It can't hurt to check around. You could also check with some tour organizations such as Papagayo Vargas tours or Maleku tours.. Jose B recently recommended another company -- I think it was Tours Your Way but maybe he will jump in and correct me if that is wrong.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
7. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

Tours Your Way is a good company, Ecotrans is good too, another option is Xplore Costa Rica (without the "e") is another option.

Washington DC...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

From Guiones to where you park your car in the park to do any hiking will take you a solid 3 hours driving 1-way non-stop, I've done it. Definitely follow the advice above and leave as early as possible, like 5:30 or 6:00 AM.

If you still decide to make the trip, on the road into the park from the Pan American highway you will cross a small to medium size river that cuts through a cool little canyon. It's easy to miss but it is worth getting out of your car and walking a little ways both up and down stream.

Have a fun time!

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
9. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

That a long day trip, consider spending the night at RDLV.

Nosara, Costa Rica
reviews: 18
10. Re: Any leads on hiring transport?

That is a lot to handle for a day-trip. It will be 3-3 1/2 hrs to get there from Guiones. Spending a night there might wind up being a smart decision. Renting a car in Guiones and spending a night would be easy. Driving isn't difficult here, just don't try and get somewhere in a hurry. Nosara Transports are a solid local company. Give them a look.