We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 2
"nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Hello everyone,

My friends and I are looking at staying at this "Nosara Dream" rental home. I couldn't find any information about it here on tripadvisor.

My biggest concern is the location, since it seems to be far removed from everything. I'm wondering if anyone here in this forum knows anything about this house or its location? On the one hand, it seems nice that it's kind of far away and removed, and we will have 2 rental cars. But on the other hand, it would be nice to have a restaurant or two within stumbling distance. Is there anything nearby? Also, any other inside information about this specific location for me?

Also, any links to good maps of the Nosara area would be very much appreciated!

Thank you so much everyone!

Dora

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
1. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Try sending a private message to Allyam who really knows this area.

New York City
2. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Whoops, I forgot to post the link!! This is the rental space

homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p314177#summary

New York City
3. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Thank you @Sara F, I really appreciate it! I'll send a private message.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
4. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

True, Allylam may know the area and offer her opinion, but perhaps some thought about security? The property seems gorgeous but remote.

Are there other homes nearby? Closest police station and/or town? Is there a safe on premises for passports, cash? Alarm system, and when the home is locked up at night, how is access availability? Costa Rica is not a lawless country, and there isn't an army, a lack of police presence can sometimes create an environment for petty crime.

Something to consider when deciding.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
5. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Hello all, well you almost tripped me up on this house. When I saw the pictures I could not at first figure out what I was looking at. I actually thought this house was not even in Nosara. What had me confused (at first) was that the house is on the water. There are only a couple houses on the water on the main section of Guiones beach. One is my best friend's house and the other is a rental next to her house.

This house, 'Nosara Dreams' is located on the FAR south end of Guiones beach. There are 4 or 5 houses down there. They are all old (you can't build on the beach anymore) and owned by Tico's from way back when you could still build on the beach. The owners who sometimes stay there are all very nice, but you would have to know Spanish to talk to them. There are hardly any English speakers down in that area.

Personally, I would not stay there. Too far from anything. You would have to drive to any restaurant or any store. And depending on the season, you could not walk to the main section of Guiones beach as there is a big river that separates the two sections of beach. You may be able to get to the other side at low tide, then find yourself having to get wet when trying to get back at high tide.

I suggest that you contact Rich at Surfing Nosara and let him find you a house that is more centrally located. Check out all the rentals on this site,

www.surfingnosara.com.

New York City
6. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Thank you so much @AllyIam, I am so grateful for your input!! People not speaking English actually appeals to me, but I am now even more apprehensive about the location and I think we will re-consider.

This trip isn't until February so we have time.

I'm checking out that site now, thank you so much for the recommendation.

Since you are clearly so knowledgeable, do you off the top of your head have any ideas for a house that is a very short walk to the beach, sleeps 11 people, has a nice lounge/pool area, and is around that same price ($1500-1800/week)?

Thank you again!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
7. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Sorry, I'm not in the 'rental business' except for my beach house which only sleeps 6, so I can't help! I know a lot of the houses there, but not up on rental rates. I'm sure Rich can find what you are looking for! Once you think you've found 'the' house feel free to ask me about it and I'll tell you what I might (or might not!) know about it.

Boston...
8. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Hi Allylam

Thank you for your very helpful comments about Nosara

Do you know anything about a new condo Namaste oasis located in residential area K ? Safety any other info?

Also looking for a shuttle from Liberia to Nosara Do you know reliable /clean not too expensive service?

Alternatively is it safe to rent and drive from Liberia to Nosara (two girls)?

Thank you

Anita

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 12
9. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Namaste is a lovely complex....if you like to walk its good; are you eating out or cooking in? It will be a hike with groceries and perishables would perish in the heat- forget ice cream:)) However, if you have a car the more reasonable Super Nosara, and farmers market on Tuesday would be good choices.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 12
10. Re: "nosara dream" house rental-- is it too far away?

Also safe to drive from Liberia to Nosara but make sure you are doing it in daylight and it is dark here currently around 6 pm. Surfing Nosara has great directions on its website with pictures of landmarks; we use it all the time.

Check your insurance coverage on your credit card as well; it can be expensive to rent a vehicle.

You could fly from San Jose, Nature Air is one and then rent in town which would be a good choice.

Also don't miss Howling Monkey Adventures; check out their website; awesome