We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Nesting

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
reviews: 45
Turtle Nesting

I will be in Nosara ( guilded iguana) fron 7/24 to 7/30. Am I too early to experience any turtle activity- nesting or hatching? How would I go about doing this if the timing was right?

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Turtle Nesting

You should be able to see nesting Olive Ridley turtles at night at Ostional, which is just north of Nosara. There are tour operators in town that will take you there or you can drive up yourself and get a guide at the community watch station. There is no secure parking, so do not leave anything of value in the car.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
2. Re: Turtle Nesting

Bast months are July through November. Best DATES are at the last quarter moon, which you will be in between, as last quarter for July is on the 10th and last quarter for Aug. will be on the 9th. So, you mights not see a huge number of turtles, but you do have a good chance of seeing some. I'd ask at the iguana when you get there. Very, very nice people there.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Turtle Nesting

Ostional the best beach to watch turtles all year long...

roadadvisor

NC
reviews: 45
4. Re: Turtle Nesting

Thanks so much- !

5. Re: Turtle Nesting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 11, 2013