We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 4
Car rentals

Hello, can anyone recommend a car rental company that allows drop off in Nosara or the surrounding area?

I am visiting mid December and curious if I will need a 4x4 to go from Monteverde to Nosara.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Memphis, Tennessee
reviews: 2
1. Re: Car rentals

Sorry for the late reply but this is one subject that I can help you with. I am in and out of CR every other month and always rent a vehicle. When it comes to rental car companies in CR I have tried all of them and have had problems with each and every one of them.

Over time I have settled on using National and only National. Here is why. National has offices all over CR, even in Nosara and this makes getting a replacement vehicle a matter of minutes when I am staying at my house on Playa Pelada. ( No other company has replacement vehicles in Nosara but National). In addition to this their fleet is under two years old, the toll free service number is well attended and you can pick up a vehicle anywhere they have an office and drop it off anywhere else. There is a $50 drop off charge but when you compare it to what a taxi would charge......

With National you can also save some $$$ by dealing with them direct and bypassing the US corporate website. The local National website is

www.natcar.com

In the promotional field on the opening page of the website type in "Memphis" and they will give you 10% off the lowest contract rate.

More advice on renting a vehicle, insurance and dealing with the police can be found at www.nosaracr.com

Safe Travels

Memphis, Tennessee
reviews: 2
2. Re: Car rentals

Sorry for the late reply but this is one subject that I can help you with. I am in and out of CR every other month and always rent a vehicle. When it comes to rental car companies in CR I have tried all of them and have had problems with each and every one of them.

Over time I have settled on using National and only National. Here is why. National has offices all over CR, even in Nosara and this makes getting a replacement vehicle a matter of minutes when I am staying at my house on Playa Pelada. ( No other company has replacement vehicles in Nosara but National). In addition to this their fleet is under two years old, the toll free service number is well attended and you can pick up a vehicle anywhere they have an office and drop it off anywhere else. There is a $50 drop off charge but when you compare it to what a taxi would charge......

With National you can also save some $$$ by dealing with them direct and bypassing the US corporate website. The local National website is

www.natcar.com

In the promotional field on the opening page of the website type in "Memphis" and they will give you 10% off the lowest contract rate.

More advice on renting a vehicle, insurance and dealing with the police can be found at www.nosaracr.com

Safe Travels

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Car rentals

Great advice by Bahama..

For that time of the year the best is to have a 4x4 around Nosara...juts in case...also great that Bahama is advicing you to dealt with a well known company and not one of those mom and pop rent a cars that only God knows who may run the show and how many thousands of miles the vehicle already have...most of the time you rent a car and a huge headache!!!

Great people to deal with National...Budget...Alamo...Avis...Hertz..Adobe...Toyota ..etc

roadadvisor

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 6
4. Re: Car rentals

Has anyone rented from Fox?

Any thoughts?

Reply to: Car rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted