We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Nosara by bus>Sleeping in SJO>

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Heading to Nosara by bus>Sleeping in SJO>

My roommate and I arrive late on Feb 1st at SJO. Here are my questions.

Can we stay the night in the airport and is it safe?

We are taking the bus to Nosara in the Morning from the Coca Cola Terminal. I believe it said 5:30am departure.

Should we buy a ticket a head of time? Where can we do it?

We are traveling with surfboards. Any tips?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Heading to Nosara by bus>Sleeping in SJO>

Well ...maybe better to try to get a clean affordable room a t a place like Callao...about 4 minutes from SJO...you can try to stay over at terminal but they can ask you to leave,...

Most public buses will not sell tickets ahead of time...some funny people offering the service...but expensive and full of restrictions...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
2. Re: Heading to Nosara by bus>Sleeping in SJO>

Definitely your best bet is to stay at Calalu which is very close to the airport. I am pretty sure you can't sleep in the airport.

You won't be able to buy a bus ticket in advance. In the morning, take a taxi to the bus station known as La Radial. You can pick up the bus here for Nicoya where you can get another bus to Nosara. You will pay the driver in colones. This is a municipal bus station so no ticket windows since many different companies use this station. You can ask at Calalu for information about the bus. It is about 10 minutes or less to the bus station.

Some other choices for lodging near the airport (and the bus station): Hostel Mango Verde and Hostel Trotamundos

Edited: 3:02 pm, January 30, 2012
3. Re: Heading to Nosara by bus>Sleeping in SJO>

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, January 31, 2013