We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire in gouves

Which Gouves hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester uk
reviews: 6
car hire in gouves

hi guys,

Im looking to hire a car for 3 days in gouves,, does anybody have any good recommendations please,,, trying to avoid any nasty suprises,looking for honest hire company that doesn't rip you off or bang you up with extra charges etc..

many thanks

steve

10 replies to this topic
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 54
1. Re: car hire in gouves

I've used Intercar twice with no problems, and others have recently recommended Mike's. They are more or less opposite one another, on the road behind the island hotel. Mike's is almost next door to Medusa tavern, Intercar is in the same building as the bar with 2 'Olympic torches' by the entrance.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
2. Re: car hire in gouves

Thought my post had been lost so re-did it - but didn't realise that OP is on twice - Doh!!

fraserburgh
reviews: 11
3. Re: car hire in gouves

most of the prices are roughly the same, expect to pay around 30/32 euros for a fiat panda to around 50e for a Suzuki 4x4, free insurance and mileage inc. leave the fuel as you found it, i.e. pick up half a tank, leave it with half a tank.

if you are going to hire one for 3 days then haggle, you will get it cheaper

your road map is the same everywhere, tourist map that is very misleading and minor roads are a nightmare.

we hired 2 cars, separate days and found Mikes marginally better, we used the one by the Pella restaurant, which by the way if you want a good meal then I would recommend it to anyone

Nottingham...
reviews: 3
4. Re: car hire in gouves

hi steve ....you are the first person i have come across to mentioned ..intercars ...my wife and i are going to gouves in september and we looked at different car hirtre firms in crete before settling with intercars .i found that mr Alatzoglou has been very helpful with regard booking a car (although we've gone with the vitara )i wonder if you could give me any more info as to your experience with intercars ..did they meet you at the airport ...was thwe car what you wanted ....but most of all were there any hidden charges ...as we've been told that on arrival we will be meet at heraklion airport with our hire car and the price that has been agreed prior to our holiday is the total price we pay ......any advice we be good ...many thanks

Edited: 2:45 am, July 18, 2013
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
5. Re: car hire in gouves

Hi zippy,

Read post no. 1 I did on stedebben's duplicate post:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g655745-i11898-k…

I've always hired from resort, so sorry I can't help you about airport pick-up. I know they do it though because I did ask last year.

No hidden charges, most importantly full insurance with €0 excess - make sure they write €0 in on the appropriate place on the contract - shouldn't be a problem, they did it without asking on mine.

Fuel was take it back at the same level as you took it, none of this pay for a full tank and bring back empty nonsense.

I wasn't particularly bothered by the type of car, as long as it was in good nick and had a wheel at each corner lol, but it was fine - clean, tidy, unmarked, not new but not an old banger either.

Nottingham...
reviews: 3
6. Re: car hire in gouves

hi steve ...very useful ..thank you ...we were going to hire the atos for 5 days ...but we've setled on the vitara instead ....we came to an agreement on the price and he(mr alatzoglou i think his name is )..even sent me a pdf copy of the rental agreement ...and you are correct where all the insurance and wiavers and such like is he has written in a zero ....so this is looking good ....i totally agree with you steve ...we british seem taken aback when we hire somrthing and people take you at your word when you return .....the greeks are very trusting people and also very welcoming .......so like i said thanks for the feedback ...just winding down ready for september now

manchester uk
reviews: 6
7. Re: car hire in gouves

thanks Steve,,ill look out for them.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
8. Re: car hire in gouves

No worries, glad to be of help

Hampshire
reviews: 11
9. Re: car hire in gouves

Just got back from a 10 day vist to Crete.

A month or so before going I booked a jeep for 8 days from a company called EUROCAR (not to be confused with the closely named and good company Europcar) the car was booked and booking confirmation sent to me.

The car was not delivered at the pre arranged 9am, at 10am I rang them and was told that the car would be with me at 5pm , at 5.30pm I rang them again. I was told that they could not get me the car, but could provide me with one for 6 days at a higher price than they had confirmed with me for 8 days. After getting nowhere talking to the man in charge Myron Schinarakis he told me " tough take it or leave it" . I gave up and went to hoilday autos instead (who atleast turned up)

I notice EUROCAR advertise on this site , I advise anyone and everyone to steer a very very wide path.

I have also talked to Europcar who are now doing their own investigation into the Eurocar company due to the closeness or their names.

Darlington
reviews: 4
10. Re: car hire in gouves

We looked all over the net and the one I would recommend is Intercars they are located in Gouves and I found them to be very reasonable and communications by e-mail we excellent. No problems and will certainly use them again.

Reply to: car hire in gouves
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gouves