We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coromandel from Auckland and on to Rotorua without a car

Which Coromandel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
reviews: 40
Coromandel from Auckland and on to Rotorua without a car

I understand that there is a ferry that stops at Orapiu on Waiheke island and continues on to Coromandel? Is this correct? If so, it seems like a nicer way to get there than a long bus trip. After 3 days in town, I plan to catch intercity to

Rotorua. I all looks easy enough but sometimes things ar not what they seem, hence my question.

many thanks.....

3 replies to this topic
Auckland Central...
reviews: 61
1. Re: Coromandel from Auckland and on to Rotorua without a car

Hi, yes you are correct. The ferry stops briefly at Waiheke and then on to Coromandel Town. Bus trip from the wharf into town. Check out the website below and click on Discoveries and Experiences > Coromandel. Trip is 2 hours and about Canadian $45.92 per adult one way. Since you are probably leaving at 7:30 in the morning, there are tours organised by the same company. See

http://www.360discovery.co.nz/

I don't think that there's a better way.

canada
reviews: 40
2. Re: Coromandel from Auckland and on to Rotorua without a car

Many thanks. It looks like I'll be fiishing up on Waiheke now, thus arriving from Coromandel instead of Auckland. Sounds much bettr than a long bus ride with transfers,]. Yay.

Auckland
reviews: 84
3. Re: Coromandel from Auckland and on to Rotorua without a car

It is a great ferry ride and the tour is worth doing as well if you have time, I loved the little railway through the forest!

Reply to: Coromandel from Auckland and on to Rotorua without a car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted