We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone stayed at Cooks Beach Holiday Park?

Which Coromandel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waihi Beach
reviews: 1
has anyone stayed at Cooks Beach Holiday Park?

Want to know what it is like compared to flaxmill holiday park?

How far is it to whitianga can you walk from cooks?

Park City, Utah
reviews: 4
1. Re: has anyone stayed at Cooks Beach Holiday Park?

We didn't end up staying at either but considered them (checked them out briefly) when we camped up there for a weekend recently. Cooks Beach Holiday Park is very new and didn't really appeal to us as it is quite open and right by the road rather than the beach - in time I think it will be nicer but the planting needs to grow a bit more first. I think it has a pool though which could appeal if you have children - not all the facilities looked finished so I would enquire if the pool is operational yet.

Flaxmill Holiday Park was more appealing as it had nice trees in the grounds and is right opposite the bay. I assume you are meaning how far to walk to the ferry to Whitianga rather than walk to Whitianga - we didn't drive right to the end of the road where the ferry goes from but it looked like it was easily walkable from there (and closer than Cooks Beach). The photo on their website flaxmillbay.co.nz/flaxmill-bay-location.html gives you a bit of an idea how far away it is.

We ended up staying at Hahei as we really love the beach there as it has a few waves that Flaxmill Bay lacks (you definitely have to drive to Whitianga or the ferry from there). When are you planning on going? Outside of the peak late December/January season or long weekends you should be just able to turn at any of these to stay without a booking if you are camping. If you are wanting to stay in the holiday cabins/tourist flats etc you would need to book especially if on a weekend.

2. Re: has anyone stayed at Cooks Beach Holiday Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 30, 2010