We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Bay

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Coconut Bay

My family is staying at the Coconut Bay Resort in August. Can you tell me how the beach is? Is there a time of year that is better than others. Also is there any shops or restaurants within walking distance. Any snorkiling in the area? Any thing you can tell me about the area would be helpful.

Toronto
reviews: 38
1. Re: Coconut Bay

the beach is one of the longest in St Lucia. Lots of seagrass piles up where it is not maintained by the resort. The water can be choppy due to the wind but I didn't see any substantial waves coming in off the Atlantic. No snorkeling, but it is a great spot for wind and kite surfing. The wind keeps the temp down and when it's strong it picks up sand off the beach.

To the south you can walk to Anse des Sable - stlucia-guide.info/attractions/… - where you'll find The Reef Cafe.

Kitch's Bar and Restaurant is next door to Coconut Bay - http://uptodatestlucia.com/listing.php?id=846

Edited: 10:48 pm, February 08, 2013
Soufriere, St. Lucia
2. Re: Coconut Bay

Bon jou suz64,

Coconut Bay Resort is at the north end of Anse des Sables / Sandy Beach with the Maria Islands (Major & Minor) off-shore.

You can walk from North to South (Vieux Fort for shops, farmer's market, restaurants...) all along AdS / SB... fisherfolk, sea grape trees, local food, sea birds, St. Lucia National Trust Museum, Reef Kite/Wind Surf Center and more...

AdS / SB has good conditions for swimming, kayaking.

Be advised... the Maria Islands are a St. Lucia National Trust Nature Reserve.

All visitors must arrange with the SLNT for a guided land tour (incl. boat transport). that can, also, include snorkling.

Bless up! Paul

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 100
3. Re: Coconut Bay

I found the shops located at Coconut Bay to be the best on the island. You will find items by local artists as well as souvenirs to take home. The prices are reasonable, too.

Vieux Fort, St...
4. Re: Coconut Bay

There are shops but in the town, you could either take a 30 minute walk or a 5 minute drive there your choice, I think though coconut bay has a fully stocked boutique which you could find most of what you want there.

Gregorson Vitalis

5. Re: Coconut Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Vieux Fort