We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electrical adaptor

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton, NB
Electrical adaptor

I am from Canada. Would I need an electrical adaptor or convertor at Coconut Bay resort?thanks

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Electrical adaptor

It indicates in the FAQ sheet for CB that one is required, similiar, I believe to one you would use in the United Kingdom

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
2. Re: Electrical adaptor

From the FAQs on the home page of Coconut Bay:

"Voltage

The voltage of all electrical outlets at the resort is 220/50hz, so guests will need a converter. A british 3-pin plug (which are available for sale at any electronics store pre-travel) will suffice."

Coming from North America, you will need both an adapter to fit the plug and converter to step down the voltage. You can find them at luggage or travel accessory stores as an all-in-one or with the 2 separate pieces.

Good luck.

BC
3. Re: Electrical adaptor

The electrical appliance you wish to bring to St Lucia must be labeled as 120-240 Volts and 50-60 hertz. If not, it will fry whether you have an adapter or not.

The only other solution is a transformer. These are heavy and expensive.

I do not purchase a personal appliance unless it is labeled 120-240 V and 50-60 hz

It costs nothing and can be used anywhere in the world.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
4. Re: Electrical adaptor

Yup - very good point deepglory. Lots of more recent electronic devices are ranged voltages - cell phones and computers, etc. But not all - hair dryers and the like usually aren't. That is why bringing both the adaptor (for the plug itself) and a converter (for the voltage) is necessary. C-Bay has a few, but only a very few, you could end up having to buy one, and they are scarce around here!

Good luck OP.

Moncton, NB
5. Re: Electrical adaptor

Thank you very much.

6. Re: Electrical adaptor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Vieux Fort
Recent Conversations