We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Illinois
reviews: 32
St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Hello everyone - we just booked late March 2013 with a 12 and 11 yr old to Coconut Bay. Been to Jamaica several times, so we are excited about trying a new place. What are some MUST DO excursions, without being ziplining - as we have done this several times. Anything boating, or anything at all..... I am assuming based on the forum here - that renting a jeep or something for a day is a great way to explore, but we are used to just hiring a private driver for a day - can that be done here? If so are there reputable driver companies to contact? I appreciate any specific information.. We like to go places where kids can see nature - animals, but can sit and have a cold beer at the same time - lol.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 3
11. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

My husband and I did this day trip to the Grenadines several years ago and it still stands out as one of the most memorable we've ever done. The Grenadines are amazingly beautiful, and the only way to appreciate them is by boat. You may catch sight of turtles swimming in the clear water as you travel along, and yes, you can swim and snorkel in more than one place. I wouldn't have missed this experience for anything, and would go back in a minute.

As reedprincess says, it is a really, really long day, and you will hardly be able to drag yourself into bed by the time you get back. It's also very expensive for a one-day outing, but as I said, it was worth every cent to me.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
12. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Bon jou denstar,

Yes, you can hire a private taxi in Vieux Fort (incl. pick-up @ CB) with a friendly & knowledgeable owner-operator as your driver & guide - just call the Southern Taxi Association at 758 454 6136.

OR contact Tall Boy 758 719 9777, Kenley 758716 2477 or Bernard stluciataximan@hotmail.com.

Captain Ricky 758 460 8628 or Keifer Vitalis 758 285 0997 at Bayside Marine Tours & Services offer half & full day boat tours from Vieux Fort to Soufriere, with swim/snorkel stops along the way. Also deep sea fishing, whale & dolphin watching and sunset cruises.

You did come to experience St. Lucia, no?!

Unspoiled nature, swim/snorkel beach (was nose-to-nose with a turtle yesterday), animals, ice-cold Pitons and much more? Check out Zion Lion Farm on Trip Advisor.

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 2:39 pm, January 21, 2013
13. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, January 24, 2013
austin, texas
reviews: 1
14. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

I'm with Congomon/Paul. Aren't you there to visit St. Lucia? There is so much to see and do there, I don't know why you'd want to do a speed trip through the Grenadinesand wear yourselves out. . Don't get me wrong - I love the Grenadines, but they are best enjoyed over several days on a nice sail, not in one big rush. That doesn't do them justice. The Tobago Cays and Bequia might be some of my favorite spots on earth.

For car with driver, you might try Remy Bruneau - at Adventure Leisure.

http://www.al-rentals.com/index.htm

Rent a car from him for a day and he throws in a driver for an extra like $40 or something. Very nice man to do business with.

In any case - have a wonderful time in St. Lucia. Be sure to get to the Rainforest. The Dennery Fish Fry on Sat. night and Anse La Ray Fish fry on Friday night - both lots of fun and really really good food.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
15. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Bon jou tout moun,

More adventures in the South...

Mamiku Gardens (20 mins N of Vieux Fort on East Coast Road) - 18th c. Micoud Estate House ruins, forest trails... 758 455 3729

Savanne Riding Stables - scenic trails, Maria Major & Minor island views... 758 518 0907 OR 723 3661 OR www.savannestables.com

Atlantic Shores Riding Stables - beach trails, turquoise seas, flora & fauna... 758 454 8668 or atlanticshores@hotmail.com

The Laborie Experience - traditional fishing village walking tour. views, culture, volcanic sand beaches... 758 717 1715 or 19 OR www.ilovelaborie.com OR laborie@ilovelaborie.com

Balenbouche Estate (Choiseul) - unique plantation guesthouse, landscaped gardens, secluded beaches, coastal & rainforest hiking trails... www.balenbouche.com.

M/Y Krystal's Toy Boat Tours - 75' vessel (12 - 90 pax) departs Vieux Fort 9 AM to Black Bay, Laborie village, Choiseul village, the Pitons & Soufriere... 758 454 8747 OR CELL 758 486 6463

Blessings! Paul

Edited: 8:35 am, January 24, 2013
canada
reviews: 1
16. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Just got back from Coconut Bay resort and we booked a whale watching/dolphin tour. We saw 2 sperm whales together, 3X (not sure if they were the same ones but captain thought not) and also 6 spotted dolphins jumped up right in front of the catamaran! Four kids were sitting up there so they thought this was great! One man saw a sea turtle swim by the boat and my husband and I saw a couple of flying fish. It was an awesome morning! You also get a good view of the Pitons from the water so if you don't happen to see any whales or dolphins, it is a beautiful boat ride. They said there was an 85% chance of seeing whales, better chance of seeing dolphins.

17. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Vieux Fort
Recent Conversations