We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Illinois
reviews: 29
St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Hello everyone - we just booked late March 2013 with a 12 and 11 yr old to Coconut Bay. Been to Jamaica several times, so we are excited about trying a new place. What are some MUST DO excursions, without being ziplining - as we have done this several times. Anything boating, or anything at all..... I am assuming based on the forum here - that renting a jeep or something for a day is a great way to explore, but we are used to just hiring a private driver for a day - can that be done here? If so are there reputable driver companies to contact? I appreciate any specific information.. We like to go places where kids can see nature - animals, but can sit and have a cold beer at the same time - lol.

wigan
reviews: 29
1. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

See the rainforest whilst we still have one, the Pitons from the sea and castries market

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
2. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

try typing "must do" into the search bar at the top of the main St. Lucia forum page - you will get literally hundreds of threads with answers and suggestions. Loads to do and see - the # 1 must do/see is the Pitons. Any tour that takes you over there is great.

Enjoy.

Toronto
reviews: 38
3. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

for a rental and driver contact Nerv's Taxi and Auto Rental Service - ntars@hotmail.com. Nerv is located next door to CBay. As mentioned you definitely want to head to Soufriere to see the Pitons ans Sulphur Springs Park, but there are lots of attractions and things to do on the island. You can easily spend several days exploring.

tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g147342-Activitie…

New York City, New...
reviews: 2
4. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Snorkel under peti piton. We stayed at coconut and its a little hard to get to coconut doesn't offer any trips to pitons but they will help u get a driver.

I have not done this yet but would recommend the day trip to the grenadines. You need to get up early take a taxis to the north end of the island to the airport

They will fly u their and you will spend the day on a sail boat visiting Tobago keys its a long day I checked into the trip but just couldn't talk the wife into it. Maybe next time.

Lewis Center, Ohio
reviews: 3
5. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

mnkite could you tell me more about the day trip. Where can I find info on this trip it is excatly what i want to do. Is the a website to book this trip and how much does the trip cost we are going to be there in 2 weeks. Hope to hear something soon

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
6. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

The day trip to the Grenadines is not offered through Coconut Bay Resort. You can find info on it at Serenity TVL or Barefoot Holiday. It is around $350US pp plus the cost of your transport to the northern airport (add another $160US for the r/t taxi) Also, be prpared to be up very, very early. I think the flight leaves the northern airport around 7:30-8am - so you would need to be out of C-Bay by about 6-6:15am or so. And you would not be back till late that evening. The Grenadines are beautiful though, can be worth it.

The resort will help you organize a day trip to Soufriere for snorkeling, etc if that's what you want to do also.

Enjoy your visit.

Lewis Center, Ohio
7. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

reedprincess are there websites for serenity and barefoot holiday? If not how do I go about getting in contact? LOL 6am early I'm up at 2:30 every morning to get to work so people can fly to their vacation. If I get to sleep until 5 am it's sleeping in for me. Peace Vicki

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
8. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

Yes, both Serenity and Barefoot have comprehensive websites.

Yeah, 6 may not be too early for you - but the rest of the family? Followed by a 14 hour day or more? May not be the best option, but it is a beautiful trip. If you can work it out, then I am sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Enjoy.

Lewis Center, Ohio
9. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

reedprincess

only one other going and they can suck it up for a day LOL! Have you done the trip? or what feedback have you heard about. Do they stop at a couple of snorkeling places, shopping and etc...? I won't get a chance to look at their websites for a few more days. So any valuable input is greatly appricated.

Peace Vicki

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
10. Re: St Lucia Must Dos ??....

You can read numerous reviews of the Serenity Tour on TAs website- it is always very highly rated. Personally, no, we have not done the tour as we have gone down several times and actually spent several days arond the Grenadines instead.

The tour includes the flight down to Union Island (take your passports, have to clear customs/immigration), then onto the awaiting boat for sailing down to Mayreau for some swimming, then sail down to the Taboago Cays for swimming snorkeling, then some lunch, then on to Palm Island, again swimming, etc, and back to Union for the flight back up to St. Lucia. Usually, it lands back in SL around 5 ish, then you would have the 1..15 or so hour ride back down to C-Bay.

There is no shopping or touring around St. Vincent, etc. It is very much an out on the water day all day.

Do take a look at the reviews on here and the Serenity Website for more info.

Get answers to your questions about Vieux Fort
Recent Conversations