We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schagen - Noah's Ark

Sudan
reviews: 37
Schagen - Noah's Ark

Hi,

We are planning to visit NL this summer and wondered if anyone has visited teh Noah's Ark and has any suggestions when its good to go etc or direct me to a website to get that information?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
1. Re: Schagen - Noah's Ark

Hi there,

Search forum and Google.

a) The old Ark is in Cologne now, and open for visits. However it's got a different purpose, more of a generic art exhibition.

b) The new Ark is 'close to completion' in Dordrecht. Saw it yesterday from the Waterbus which passes by at around 500 m, it's HUGE (size of a covered shipping dockyard).

Should be open this summer, hopefully...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Sudan
reviews: 37
2. Re: Schagen - Noah's Ark

Thanks for your response. Dordrecht would work better for us as we will be based in Rotterdam. Hope it will be open!

Many thanks!

nashville tn
reviews: 1
3. Re: Schagen - Noah's Ark

Has anyone actually visited this large ark? I will be in NL in Sept and wanted to go see it, but can't find any information regarding hours, admission etc.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
4. Re: Schagen - Noah's Ark

It's complete now and opened!

http://www.arcofnoah.org/

Hope to hear from you here after your visit and get a report from Dordrecht.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Bangor, United...
reviews: 30
5. Re: Schagen - Noah's Ark

My family and I visited the Ark in Dortrecht in July 2012. It was well worth the visit. My sons of 10 and 7 really enjoyed walking around looking at all the parts of the ark and the information plagues were very interesting. The cafe on the top floor was a welcome pit stop when we had finished walking around. It took us about 2 hours to get around at a leisurely pace but I guess it would depend a lot on how many people were there. A visit to the toilets at the entrance were entertaining - look through the windows! This is not a 'disney' style attraction. It is rustic and educational - I hope to be back some day.

Edited: 3:32 pm, January 13, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Schagen - Noah's Ark

wow..the bible didnt mention the cafe on board..cool

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
7. Re: Schagen - Noah's Ark

Latest update: will remain open until 'end 2013' and after that will start travelling, never to return to Dordrecht again. Where exactly it will land/anchor next, and be open for viewing most likely, not announced - but unlikely to be some mountain high up in Turkey ;-)

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Schagen - Noah's Ark

wonder if it will attempt a transatlantic

Reply to: Schagen - Noah's Ark
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Texel