We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Blanca ?

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland...
reviews: 11
Playa Blanca ?

We have never been to the Canaries before but are considering a week in a villa in Playa Blanca. We didn't want to be in a really busy touristy area such as Las Americas on Tenerife but didn't want to be stuck out in the sticks as don't plan to hire a car. The villa we are looking at is in an area/development called Las Colorados. Seems to be ticking most boxes for us such as the walking distance to town/shops/beaches etc. Can anyone fill me in on what it is really like? Many thanks.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 26
1. Re: Playa Blanca ?

This is Playa Blanca from our opinion Debra, it may be for you

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9

UK
reviews: 139
2. Re: Playa Blanca ?

Las Colorados - not sure it is walking distance to the main 'town' area of Playa Blanca! It's probably walkable to the marina and Dorada beach, however.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
3. Re: Playa Blanca ?

How far it is to the centre will depend on where the villa is, but for a guide, the Gran Castillo hotel is about a 40 min walk to Playa Blanca.

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 37
4. Re: Playa Blanca ?

Hi Debbie, we are returning to Lanzarote for the 4th time this year. We too, rented a villa last year in Playa Blanca. PB is totally different in my opinion to the rest of the island, more Spanish tourists and a nice feel to the place, more like what the rest of the island should be like, I think. Most of the villa's seem to be a walk to the main center but when your there, everything is central. Some nice restaurants, shops and little bars. We used to walk from our villa to the main center and get a taxi home. Make sure you visit The Atlantico.

Northumberland...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Playa Blanca ?

Hi verat, thanks for your reply. I think we have decided to give Lanzarote a try and from the sound of it Playa Blanca would be the better choice for us. We aren't going until next March so quite a while to wait but have got 2 weeks in Turkey to look forward to first so that will keep us going. Next year is mine and hubbys 60th's....didn't want a party so hopefully a week in Lanzarote will be much better!

6. Re: Playa Blanca ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
Recent Conversations