We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easypost postcard boxes

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worthing, United...
reviews: 27
easypost postcard boxes

Bought some stamps in the 'el Pueblo' shopping centre, and didn't realise they weren't correos until I was back at the hotel. They turned out to be easypost, of which there was a postbox outside the same shop that I hadn't noticed. I didn't want to waste the stamps so I stuck 'em in the easypost box.

Anyone know the chances of them actually getting home?

56 replies to this topic
Lanzarote, Spain
reviews: 12
1. Re: easypost postcard boxes

Hi

A bit ........slow,slow.slow .slower and stop-------but will get there eventually.......depends on when they empty the boxes........can be a bit hit and miss......best bet is to buy your stamps from Correos and only use the yellow Correos post boxes.......even then can take weeks......postal services here are akin to the Pony Express in the wild west......you never know if its going to get through :-)

Worthing, United...
2. Re: easypost postcard boxes

Yes, I did mean to pick up correos, all I asked was wether the shop sold stamps. Doh! Lesson learned for next time.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach
reviews: 187
3. Re: easypost postcard boxes

I bought what I thought were normal stamps in the shop on top of Timanfaya, they were Swisspost ones, I trawled all over Playa Blanca to find a postbox, there is one in a little supermarket just before Mango as you go towards the port.

They arrived surprisingly quickly.

Worthing, United...
4. Re: easypost postcard boxes

Yes, the Dream Gran Castillo has a swissport postbox, as well as a correos. It just happens that I bought the stamps whilst I was out and about.

Worcester, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: easypost postcard boxes

Our cards to the grandchildren took 3 months.Must admit I was still pleased when they arrived as I think they thought that we had forgotten them

Romford, United...
reviews: 80
6. Re: easypost postcard boxes

In June, I wrote postcards and bought stamps. Dumbo me put them in the Swisspost box at the Sandos Papagayo when they had Correos stamps on them. Only realised a few days later. Amazingly they arrived just after we got home and we were only there a week.

In September I put the cards in the Correos box and think they took longer!

Next time I will still put them in the Correos box.

It must be a really common problem/mistake?

Edited: 8:09 am, April 07, 2013
Ibiza
reviews: 11
7. Re: easypost postcard boxes

Hello guys,

I have tried EasyPost several times posting from Ibiza to addresses in Ibiza, London, Denmark and Malaysia... All the recipients got their card/letter.

to addresses in Spain, it will be rerouted to Valencia and Madrid and posted through Correos (Spanish national postal service). For addresses outside of Spain, the process would be through Malta Post.

Timeframe is fairly slow.

Addresses in Spain: 2 weeks

Addresses in London: 7 weeks

Addresses in Denmark: 4 weeks

Addresses in Malaysia: 7 weeks

This is one postal cover sent using Easy Post, which Easy Post cover their label with white sticker and processed by Malta Post:

www.exonumi.com/…

Btw, I would like to ask glamourpuss1000 if he/she still have the SwissPost label/stamp as I could not find any to date :-(

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach
reviews: 187
8. Re: easypost postcard boxes

I don't as I put them all on the postcards, they had lovely pictures of different places in Lanzarote on them though!

Ibiza
reviews: 11
9. Re: easypost postcard boxes

LOL... Im sure that pictures on the stamps look good. I have to wait for a friend to go to Canary Is. then :-)

10. Re: easypost postcard boxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, June 13, 2013

Reply to: easypost postcard boxes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
Recent Conversations